Apprentice Receptionist & Administrator MAGDALEN MEDICAL PRACTICE
The successful apprenticeship applicant will spend time within the reception and administrational departments and will undertake a wide variety of administrative duties. The role includes photocopying of stationery, forms and medical records as instructed, preparation of letters for posting and of mail and making tea and coffees for surgery workers as directed.
Closing date: 23 Jun 2023
£5.28 per hour (£195.36 per week- There will be regular salary reviews)
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Mon, Wed, Thur & Fri 08.00-5.00 Tue 8-1 (37 hours per week)
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
26 Jun 2023
05 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful applicant will work within the reception team ensuring that they gain a great understanding of a modern large medical practice. The apprenticeship will entail providing administrative/reception assistance as instructed by the departmental managers.
We need an individual who is motivated, can demonstrate initiative and attention to detail and who is prepared to listen and learn. In return we can offer you comprehensive training, a pleasant working environment and the opportunity to be part of a team that values excellent patient service, daily duties will include:
- Opening and distribution of post
- Filing of notes and correspondence as directed
- Photocopying of stationery, forms and medical records as instructed
- Preparation of letters for posting and of mail
- Making teas & coffees for doctors, nurses and other staff as directed
- Assisting with organisation and display of posters and leaflets
- Operate the appointment system efficiently and monitor the flow of patients to waiting rooms.
- Attend staff meetings
You will also be trained to work on:
- Learning the computerised SYSTMONE medical system
- Understanding of confidentiality
- Learning how to communicate with our patients via our various on-line platforms
- Understanding of practice protocols and emergency procedures
- Dealing with enquiries on reception and assisting patients as necessary
- Answering the phone to include, making appointments for the clinical team, taking and recording messages
- Taking in and dealing with samples
- Understanding of repeat prescription process and filing
- Understanding of scanning of letters and information onto medical records
- Registration process and change of details
- Process for forms and private fees
- Understanding of QOF and data quality
- Opening and closing procedures
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This apprenticeship will be delivered solely in the work place over the duration of 12 months.
You will be required to attend one virtual lesson per month and will receive one-to-one support sessions once per month either in-person or virtually.
- You will be studying towards the Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard, this will include;
- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service
- City & Guilds Level 1 Functional Skills maths
- City & Guilds Level 1 Functional Skills English
- End Point Assesment
20% of your working hours will be off the job training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential full time employment on completion of apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
MAGDALEN MEDICAL PRACTICE
POULTEC TRAINING LIMITED
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.