Apprentice Suspended Ceiling Fixer STAR SUSPENDED CEILINGS LTD
We are looking for a mature, enthusiastic individual who is interested in completing a Level 2 Interior Systems Apprenticeship. You will have a number of responsibilities focusing on the installation and repair of a suspended ceiling. The successful candidate will spend 2 years working while earning a wage, gaining experience and a qualification.
Closing date: 30 May 2023
Travel time is paid in addition to basic pay. Bonus paid on meterage. Overnight allowance paid.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday, working alongside a qualified fixer to include early starts and out of town work. Shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 39.0
Possible start date
01 Jun 2023
31 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Suspended Ceilings are a type of ceiling that provide a clean, smooth finish to the internal ceiling of a room, whilst concealing electrics and pipework, insulating and providing insulation to a room/area and providing acoustics to a room/area.
As a suspended ceiling apprentice, the successful candidate will be involved with the following:
- Travel in a company vehicle nationwide to sites , possible overnight stays in a hotel provided by the company with a generous overnight allowance - ideally the candidate should hold a Full UK Clean Driving Licence for this role
- The makeup and structure of a suspended ceiling
- Stripping out suspended ceiling
- Installation and fitting of the suspended ceiling which may include working at height
- Cutting ceiling tiles and ceiling grid appropriately
- Unloading heavy materials from delivery trucks/vans/lorries
- Carrying heavy materials to or around site
- Working alongside senior ceiling fixers
- General construction site health and safety
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The ideal candidate will work towards a Level 2 Interior Systems Installer qualification, focusing on Suspended Ceilings
- At the end the apprentice will get an 'Intermediate Level Apprenticeship in Interior Systems' qualification. Provided by CITB
- The Apprentice will carry out their training on the job and travel to Kings Lynn where they reside every 6 months at the college Monday - Friday for 3 weeks (Block release in conjunction with the college)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- To become a qualified fixer
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
STAR SUSPENDED CEILINGS LTD
4 LOCKWOOD STREET
Interior systems installer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.