Nursery Teaching Assistant Apprentice Mount Stewart Infant School
Whatever your role or your career plans, we can help you achieve them. Our belief in “Valuing People, Supporting Personal Best” means we are committed to investing in our staff. Your role will be to work with teachers to support teaching and learning by working with individuals or small groups of pupils under the direction of teaching staff.
Closing date: 29 Jun 2023
We provide a package of flexible employee benefits, including: • A pension scheme for both Teaching and Support Staff, staff well-being support, including counselling and occupational health support.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday 8.30am - 3.30pm.
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
01 Jul 2023
30 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties to include:
- To work with teachers to support teaching and learning by working with individuals or small groups of pupils under the direction of teaching staff and may be responsible for some learning activities within the overall teaching plan
- Implement planned learning activities / teaching programmes as agreed with the teacher, adjusting activities according to pupils’ responses as appropriate
- Participate in planning and evaluation of learning activities with the teacher, providing feedback to the teacher on pupil progress and behaviour
- Support the teacher in monitoring, assessing and recording pupil progress / activities
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to attainment and progress under the guidance of the teacher
- Support learning by arranging / providing resources for lessons/activities under the direction of the teacher
- Support pupils in social and emotional well-being, reporting problems to the teacher as appropriate
- Share information about pupils with other staff, parents / carers, internal and external agencies, as appropriate
- Understand and support independent learning and inclusion of all pupils as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner
- Functional skills in maths and English if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
To be a full time early years practitioner within the school.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Mount Stewart Infant School
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.