Fire and Security Apprentice Oxford OX14 1RL and surrounding area Trinity Fire and Security Systems
Trinity specialises in design, installation, commissioning & maintenance of electronic fire & security systems to protect individuals, homes & properties from risk & danger. We provide mentorship through our experienced & multi skilled engineers through theoretical & practical experiences along with college qualifying as service technician.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Year 1 Apprentice - Salary Tier 1 £12,500 Year 2 Apprentice - Salary Tier 2 £16,500 for under 20 yrs old £21,174.40 for 21-22 years old, £21,673.60 for 23 yrs old and over Year 3 Apprentice - Salary Tier 3 £24,856 = £11.95 per hour LLW
Monday – Friday 8.30 to 5pm.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Aug 2023
29 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Systems include fire, security and emergency systems to detect intrusion, provide surveillance, monitor and control access to buildings, properties and sites or to detect fire and emergencies
- Skills include interconnection of equipment, programming, verifying performance/fault finding and testing and maintaining
- Technicians will carry out planned jobs to install new systems, modify and maintain existing systems as well as respond to call-outs to repair faulty systems where they will utilise their problem-solving skills
- They will take a professional approach to customer service skills which include being presentable, tidy and respectful as they can often find themselves working in and outside customers’ homes as well as in and outside business premises
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The course is block release over three years, along with 3 years on-site training. You will be expected to stay away whilst undertaking this course. Accommodation will be paid for by the company in a shared twin room a with breakfast and additional £15.00 daily meal allowance
- Outside of college practical training will be achieved under supervision of mentors
- Outside of college theoretical training will be provided on an ongoing basis
- On completing the 3-year apprenticeship the apprentice will be confirmed in a full-time role as a service engineer
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On successful completion of 3-year apprenticeship the candidate will move into a full-time role as a service engineer. On £26,000.00
Trinity Values its employees and continues to offer personal development training and progression opportunities through to its most senior positions within the business and industry.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C or 9-4) Essential
Other Full UK Driving Licence (Grade PASS) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Trinity Fire and Security Systems
Oxford and surrounding area
Fire emergency and security systems technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.