Business Administration Apprentice QUEBEC LAW SOLICITORS LTD
Velocity Academy have an exciting new opportunity for a Business Administrator with Quebec Law, a Law Firm based in Leeds. The role of the Business Administration Apprentice is to provide a first-class professional support service to all staff and the management team based in the Leeds Office.
Closing date: 09 Jun 2023
25 Days Holiday
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
12 Jun 2023
27 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The role of the Business Administration Apprentice is to provide a first-class professional support service to all staff and the management team based in the Leeds Office. The support provided will be as part of a small team with shared responsibilities and collective accountability. Business Administration Apprentices will be expected to refocus tasks and priorities periodically as required by the Solicitors. The Business Administration Apprentice reports to the Team Manager and is expected on a daily basis, to create a positive working relationship with the fee earner(s) and the management team alike.
- Managing diaries
- Manning the main office telephone number
- Ordering stationery and supplies with appropriate approvals
- Handling incoming and outgoing post and courier deliveries
- Booking meeting rooms
- In office tasks to support the Director.
- Hosting and visitor hospitality
- General housekeeping around the office
- Admin support in organising training sessions
- Travel and accommodation bookings
- Meeting minute taking
- Archiving, photocopying and scanning
- To provide support with the generation of internal management and reporting information
- Administrative support for invoicing and the processing of expenses
- Completes tasks related to the coordination of staff absence
- Proactively keeps up to date training records for the office
- Recruitment support and ID checks of new staff
- General administrative support for fee earners
- Project Management Administration (uploading docs etc, sending meeting invites)
- Platform Administration - Tidying sites - moving old data etc.
- Billable work that is of an admin nature (bibles, originals)
- Virtual Data Room: uploading and arranging documents into the order requested
- Assist with document review work.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Velocity apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, they will provide the skills necessary to succeed in the workplace and to expand future career prospects.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their programme.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Business Administration, with training in how to:
- Use multiple IT packages and systems in order to write letters/emails, perform financial processes and analyse data.
- Produce accurate records and documents including emails, letters, files, payments, reports and proposals.
- Exercise proactivity and good judgement, in order to make effective decisions based on sound reasoning.
- Plan and organise a variety of different tasks in order to manage the expectations of colleagues at all levels.
- Manage projects, including the use of tools to scope, plan, monitor and report.
For a full list of programme modules visit: velocity-pt.co.uk
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
QUEBEC LAW SOLICITORS LTD
291 Roundhay Road
VELOCITY 1ST LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.