Early Years Educator Apprenticeship BRENTRY & HENBURY CHILDRENS CENTRE LTD
Take an active role in the day-to-day planning and delivery of all aspects of care for the children in accordance with the Centre’s policies. You'll be supporting a large team in the supervision and growth of all our Children in a fun and engaging environment.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.5
Possible start date
01 Nov 2023
21 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Take an active role in the day to day delivery of the all round care of the children in accordance with the Centre policies.
- Support and maintain communication throughout the Centres.
- Promote and value children’s experiences within an anti-discriminatory framework.
- Foster respectful and warm relationships with children by taking part in activities with them.
- Take an active role in arrangement of daily activities to meet the developmental needs of each individual child in your care.
- Ensure high standards of care and encourage personal hygiene with all of the children being consistently observant of their general health and welfare.
- Maintain a child centred environment, reviewing room layout, appropriate displays and play materials to ensure the environment is stimulating and attractive.
- Be aware of and implement all of the Centre’s Policies including Child Protection, Equal Opportunities and Behaviour Management.
- Work as a member of the team while accepting the individual responsibilities of the post.
- Undertake training and regular appraisals as part of your personal and professional development.
- Monitor the conditions of the toys and equipment in terms of health and safety and report any concerns immediately.
- Work in compliance with the health and safety policy at all times.
- Serve meals and prepare snacks for the children, supervise mealtimes and clear away afterwards ensuring children are eating and drinking adequately.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the nursery undertaking cleaning and laundry duties as required.
- Undertake any other duties required in keeping with the aims of this post.
- The post holder must all times carry out these duties and responsibilities with due regard to the Centre’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will work towards an Early Years Educator Level 3 NVQ. You will have a dedicated industry expert to guide and coach you through components of your programme and you'll experience a range of different learning opportunities.
- Online learning and face to face training with Learn Plus Us'
- Apprenticeship Trainers.
- Meetings with your dedicated trainer.
- Interactive Online Workshops.
- Self-Guided research.
- On-the-job instructions.
- Peer-to-peer mentoring.
- Personal development planning.
- Manager Progress Reviews.
- First Aid Qualification.
- English and maths qualifications form a mandatory part of all apprenticeships and must be completed before an apprentice can pass through gateway.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of the course, candidates can apply for a range of qualified positions within the company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SIMPLY ONE STOP LIMITED
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.