Imperium Integration Ltd Accountancy Apprenticeship Level 3 IMPERIUM INTEGRATION LTD
This is an exciting opportunity to work with Imperium Integration Ltd in our Accounts Team. We are looking for a hard-working team player who is ready to get stuck into our environment. The role will include various Accounting and administrative duties with the aim to develop and have more responsibility during your apprenticeship.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Starting rate £6 per hour, however the wage is negotiable. Wage range £11,700 to £20,319 - this is subject to experience
9am– 5pm Monday to Thursday, 9am – 4pm Friday - The start times can be flexible - Occasionally there will be remote working required, this will be agreed as and when is required. 1 day study included - the employment start date can be negotiated.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
05 Jul 2023
16 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- General administrative duties including typing
- Processing receipts, sales invoices and payments
- Providing excellent customer services to our clients, through incoming and outgoing calls, emails and face to face meetings
- Completing VAT return forms
- Ensuring that accounts are accurately monitored and recorded
- Dealing with a company’s payroll by processing wages and employee expense claims
- Preparing profit and loss accounts sheets
- Preparing balance sheets
- Answering the phone and reading/sending emails to clients
- To deal courteously and efficiently with all visitors that comes to the office
- Using Microsoft Packages, in particular Word and Excel
- Providing refreshments for visitors when required
- Inputting data onto internal systems with a high level of accuracy
- Assisting all members of the team as and when required
- Ensuring that the Policies of the company are observed and that good practice is encouraged, particularly in the areas of Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and confidentiality
- Counting, recording, checking and balancing of all donations and receipts as directed by and with the Finance Assistant
- Weekly processing of purchase orders under the supervision of the Finance Assistant
- Dealing with credit card transactions made at reception, over the phone and by the post
- Assisting the Finance Assistant
- Assist with preparation for the annual audit
- Contribute to the development of audit, standards, quality improvement and action plans for the finance team
- Undertake any other duties required by the company commensurate with the post
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship Standard Level 3:
An Assistant Accountant provides support to internal and external customers and will work predominately either as an assistant accountant within practice or alternatively within the finance function of an organisation. Part of their role will involve assisting in the day-to-day financial activities such as data entry to month end management accounts and/or year-end financial statements. In addition, the Assistant Accountant may find themselves involved in regulatory financial requirements such as the completion of VAT returns or assisting in the preparation of tax computations.
You will gather work-based evidence to demonstrate the required Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours during your apprenticeship. The apprentice will evidence that they are collating and recording data on financial information and performance accurately by applying accounting standards and concepts and will evidence analysis of reconciliation, payroll, VAT return information. They will need to prepare accurate, management information and use IT packages for this.
The following Functional Skills are part of the apprenticeship framework:
Maths and English Level 2
Candidates are required to have achieved AAT Level 2 or have at least 1 years’ experience of accounting duties and complete the AAT Skills Scan to be accepted on the Level 3 Accountancy programme.
Candidates are also required to already have achieved Maths and English GCSE Grade 4/C or above or a Key/Functional Skills Level 2 qualification - Original certificates are required as evidence.
The recommended time to complete is 15-18 months to allow for confirmation of successful examination results/re-sits.
The AAT L3 course starts in January and September. The day release is TBC.
END POINT ASSESSMENT
Assessment will be through examinations in Bookkeeping, Computerised Accounting and AAT Level 3 Accounting. Apprentices will also be assessed through a synoptic end-test covering the knowledge & skills gained, a portfolio comprising a range of evidence produced in the workplace and a reflective discussion which will be a structured interview. All components will need to be passed in order to be awarded the apprenticeship.
An End-Point Assessment will be conducted by an external provider (interview, portfolio and synoptic test)
The end-point assessment is designed to enable apprentices to demonstrate that they are fully conversant in the skills knowledge and behaviours expected of individuals at this level.
It is designed to provide assessors with a holistic view of the apprentice, and to allow them to assess to what extent the apprentice meets or exceeds the apprenticeship standard.
You will be required to attend Kirklees College one day as part of your apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is a strong possibility of a permanet position on the team with a pay rise and different job roles.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Other AAT (Grade LEVEL 2) Essential
Other Work Experience in an accounts position of 1 year (Grade PASS) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
IMPERIUM INTEGRATION LTD
SPA FIELDS INDUSTRIAL ESTATE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.