Teaching Assistant Apprentice Yeo Moor Primary School
Yeo Moor Primary School are looking to recruit Learning Support staff to help develop and support their pupils. You will be offered a chance to grow and develop your skills in an organisation committed to excellence where students and staff are valued.
Closing date: 14 Jun 2023
£8,236.80 to £16,255.20
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
5 days a week 7.45am - 13.45pm or 11.30am -5.30pm - 6 paid hours day
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
03 Jul 2023
15 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As a Learning Support Worker no two days will be the same and working with children is never dull. Below is a list of duties and responsibilities that you could be asked to carry out:
- Support specific pupils during learning activities and deliver classroom support for pupils planned with and supervised by teachers (individual and small groups)
- Support pupils with SEND
- Provide appropriate level of support needed by pupils to promote independent learning. Work with teachers and teams to differentiate materials
- Contribute to the planning, monitoring and assessment cycle for specific pupils under the direction and supervision of the teacher enabling them to achieve maximum access and participation in the curriculum
- Provide input and contribute to meetings of teachers and associated professionals in connection with the assessment of individual pupils
- Provide support for the use of ICT in the classroom
- Involvement in home/school contact with parents and carers when appropriate
- Contribute to the management of pupil behaviour
- Provide care and support for specific pupils to ensure their safety and well-being
- Promote the social and emotional development of pupils
- Supervise and support children during lunch and other break times to encourage safe, fun, creative and appropriate social and educational play activities
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with the pupils
- Carry out such other duties as are required and as are commensurate with the grade of the post
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
In this role you will be working towards a Level 3 Teaching Assistant Standard which may require you to do Functional Skills at level 2 for maths and English.
The course and its content will be delivered through 1-1 sessions every 3 weeks for 2 hours remotely through Teams and the 4 Day courses will be Virtual through Classroom technology.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
It is hoped but not guarenteed that on completion of your qualification that an offer of full time employment will be made.
On completion you will be given the opportunity to look at further development opportunities and potential career progressions.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
About the employer
Yeo Moor Primary School
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.