Apprentice IT Technician Loughborough Amherst School
This position is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, hardworking and reliable person to begin a career and gain experience in an operational IT role within The Loughborough Schools Foundation. The role will involve assisting with system upgrades, installing software and new devices and maintaining and fixing existing IT equipment.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Any additional hours worked will be paid. A work laptop will be issued. School lunches are available during term-time.
Monday - Friday, 08:00 – 17:30 with a 1-hour break for lunch. Occasional evening and weekend work for events and open days.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
28 Aug 2023
10 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include working closely with staff and students to understand and resolve faults such as:
- Assisting with system upgrades
- Installing software and new devices
- Maintaining and fixing existing IT equipment
- Providing excellent customer service
- Learning skills such as networking, server management, software lifecycle management, hardware repair, change management and other industry best practices
- You must enjoy working closely with people and solving problems that can be complex
- Practical knowledge of computer hardware and software would be an advantage. Any experience with Apple iOS devices such as iPads would also be useful
Applicants must be prepared to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Information Communications Technician:
End-Point Assessment (EPA):
- End-point assessment (EPA) is the final stage that an apprentice goes through to complete their Apprenticeship
- The Apprentice must show their learning to an independent end-point assessor and the grades available are distinction, pass or fail
- The EPA will include: Project with Questionnaire & Portfolio Interview
- Our delivery model includes a 1 day per week college attendance for training and development of skills, knowledge and behaviours and 1:1 support from your trainer assessor in the workplace and will include assignments, work-based company projects and self-study
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, you would be qualified for the role of IT Technician in a range of organisations. Loughborough Schools has run a well-established IT apprentice programme. Some graduates of the programme for on a permanent basis. Several of our previous apprentices are now senior members of the team, whilst others have progressed to Network and Systems roles with other employers.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Technical Subject (Computing/Engineering/Design) (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.