Playworker Practitioner Apprentice LITTLE BIRD'S NEST LIMITED
This vacancy is aimed at those with a keen interest in working towards a Level 3 qualification in childcare. You will be working with children and delivering age appropriate activities. You will also follow the EYFS and undertake regular observations and assessments to inform the next steps in the child’s learning and development write a progress report and communicate this with parents/carers
Closing date: 28 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 19
Possible start date
29 Oct 2023
09 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To work as part of the team, creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all the children and parents/carers.
- Be aware of and adhere to all policies and procedures within the setting
- To act as a key person to a group of children, establish relationships with both child and parents/carers.
- Plan and prepare activities to meet the needs and interests of individual children
- To manage children’s behaviour positively
- Maintain a clean, safe environment for the children and regularly assess the toys and equipment for damage/hazards
- Attend mandatory training courses (in-house and external) to update knowledge on child care issues relevant to the role, eg. Safeguarding, first aid
- Attend and participate in half termly staff meetings and regular parents’ evenings, open mornings and other community events
- Participant in personal development supervisions / annual appraisal led by the settings manager
- Bring any issues relating to the care and education of the children to the attention of the manager or LSO
- Supervise mealtimes and the preparation of healthy snack times
- To discuss at mealtimes / snack time about healthy eating and the effects it has to our bodies
- Maintain high professional standards at all times and act as a role model for students
- Take part in daily set up and pack away, cleaning duties, singing sessions, answering the phone, daily risk assessments, and administrations
- Administer first aid when necessary
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills English and maths if required
- First Aid Training
The Childcare Company is an Ofsted ‘Grade 2 Good’ established leading National training provider delivering high quality apprenticeships in partnership with childcare employers to support the development and growth of our workforce.
The Childcare Company is dedicated that each apprentice has the best possible learning journey, by providing training that develops the apprentice’s workplace skills, knowledge and personal development (behaviours) that will have a positive impact on them, in their workplace and in the wider society and most importantly sets a solid foundation to progress in their chosen career path.
Training is delivered through blended learning. Supported by one our sector specialist tutors the tutor will deliver teaching sessions using a variety of methods including; face to face, Skype, virtual classroom, face time and telephone and additionally provide support and motivation. Working in partnership with the employer, apprentices will be provided with ‘on the job’ and ‘off the job’ training during their paid working hours.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Opportunity to have a full time position once qualified
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
LITTLE BIRD'S NEST LIMITED
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.