Apprentice Consultant (Quantity Surveyor) BUSINESS CRITICAL SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Professional Career Opportunities as an apprentice Quantity Surveyor within the Construction & Digital Built Asset Industry. BCS are the market leaders in their roles of Quantity Surveying within the Digital Asset Construction Markets (Data Centre’s). You will provide a service to the cost and commercial management function, undertaking low complexity tasks to support senior colleagues.
Closing date: 05 May 2023
9am - 5:30pm Monday – Friday (including one day at University)
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
07 Mar 2023
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assisting the team with providing financial projections and cost control of projects
- Manage your own workload under a high degree supervision and resolve routine/simple problems
- Follow clearly established financial procedures relating to cost and commercial management processes, such as the recording of expenses incurred and material ordering, to complete necessary tasks and ensure standards of accuracy are maintained
- Carry out tasks, such as the preparation of reports under the directions of more senior colleagues, or the research and collation of information to support sound cost and commercial management of projects
- Prepare basic documents, presentations and other materials to a clear brief, using established formats and standard software - this may include collecting data and undertaking basic analysis to contribute to internal decision-making
- Provide feedback on existing cost and commercial management processes to contribute to the improvement of processes and systems
- Complete tasks as requested by colleagues, in order to provide an effective support service to the cost and commercial management function
- Resolve operational day-to-day queries and requests on a number of assignments supported, ensuring an efficient and high-quality service is extended to internal and external stakeholders
- Regular visits to client sites and offices with potential for travel abroad. As such, flexibility to working hours will be required
- BCS provide an inhouse training program on top of your degree that is delivered weekly specific to your job role and function Dedicated mentor to guide you through your training development
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The apprentice will initially work towards HNC in Construction via Construction Quantity Surveying Technician Apprenticeship (Level 4. Upon completion of end point assessment of the HNC, the apprentice will work towards becoming a Chartered Quanitty Surveyor with BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying.
- Training takes place one day per week at university, half a day a week of internal BCS training to support your professional qualification (MCIOB/ MAPM/ MRICS) and 3.5 days a week on the job.
- University training is one day per week at London South Bank University - Southwark Campus.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
MRICS accredited degree – recognised globally as the leading standard.
What is a Data Centre:
Data centres power the modern econom whilst underpinning every aspect of digital living; business processes, government services and social interactions. Data centres are behind Instagram, YouTube, Spotify, Netflix, Facebook, Uber, eBay, Airbnb, to name a few. Data centres drive investment in communications infrastructure and enable smart grid. Data centres help us model and understand our planet and its atmosphere, from weather forecasting to long term climate change. The UK data centre sector is globally important, market leading and ultimately reinforces our future.
What can Data Centres do for you:
Working in and around data centres, means that you will learn and develop an incredible skill set, that will open doors for you in almost any sector and Country.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
AS Level or equivalent Any related subject (Grade DD) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
BUSINESS CRITICAL SOLUTIONS LIMITED
BCS, Lower Ground Floor
LONDON SOUTH BANK UNIVERSITY
Construction quantity surveying technician
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.