Manufacturing Operator Apprenticeship (Print & Processing Industry) POLYCORR LTD
Do you want to be an operating specialist in a supportive and well-established business? This role will teach you how to set and operate machinery and follow manufacturing instructions. You will be given training to become an expect in Health & Safety and Standard Safe Systems at Work Procedures.
Closing date: 05 Apr 2023
Pension Scheme: Invitation to join the pension scheme. The scheme is currently 3% employer contribution and a minimum 5% Employee contribution. Death in Service Cover: 4 x Salary. Income Protection: 75% of salary less state benefits.
Monday - Friday, shifts to be confirmed
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
17 Apr 2023
06 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Polycorr LTD have a lifelong career on offer in their manufacturing operations team.
Protec International Ltd are Europe’s leading manufacturer, supplier and recycler of Temporary Protection Materials used to protect expensive fixtures and fittings in the construction industry. Polycorr is part of the Protec International group and has been trading 10 years.
Working for Polycorr will provide excellent learning and development opportunities as well as the necessary support to achieve a career within the manufacturing profession and beyond.
Duties will include:
- Assisting, maintaining and running an extrusion line
- Ensuring the line is efficiently changed including material blends, process condition setting and print changes
- Performing quality inspection test to ensure the suitability of the finished product to defined and certified quality standards
- Finished goods labelling, packing and preparation
- Warehousing duties including storage of finished goods and supply of raw materials
- Work within the organisation’s health and safety guidelines to keep work area and equipment safe and clean
- Learning the importance of following the specified assembly sequence and procedure at all times
- Knowing how to check the quality of the assembly against the required quality standards and what tools and equipment are used
- The procedure for positioning, aligning and securing component parts during the assembly operations
- Where to obtain the necessary job instructions, operating procedures and assembly specifications that are used and how to interpret them
- How to identify and resolve current and potential production/assembly problems within the limits of their responsibility
- If you are hard-working, conscientious and aspire to achieve a career within a high-tech manufacturing environment, this is the role for you
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Lean Manufacturing Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills Level 1 in maths and English (If required)
- Day release at North Notts College once per week
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Progression to industry specialist qualifications – further and higher skill development. A lifelong career in the industry
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
01909 504 777
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.