Team Leader Apprenticeship in Transportation with UPS UPS LIMITED
This exciting opportunity gives the successful candidates that will give you all the skills and knowledge to be a successful leader within UPS. Initially being trained to move and sort packages safely at speed in a busy warehouse. You will be allocated team leading responsibilities within operations to make sure teams operate effectively.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
Monday - Friday: 9.30pm - 3.30am.
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
04 Apr 2023
03 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Fast Track Team Leader Programme.
- Initially enter the business working as a warehouse operative to understand the business but be placed immediately on to a fast-track programme giving you line management responsibility within 4 months of starting.
- You will learn how the warehousing operative role works, by sorting and organising mail / parcels for shipment.
- Working with other departments to ensure a smooth transition of parcels and deliveries.
UPS will provide you with all of the required training and experience - we are just looking for candidates that are willing to take up the challenge and make the most of the opportunity within a global business.
You will be placed on a Team Leading L3 Apprenticeship and by the end of the fixed term contract you will have gained this qualification that will allow you to progress into permanent Team Leading roles within UPS when positions become available either at Tamworth or other locations in the UK.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Initially being trained to move and sort packages safely at speed in a busy warehouse environment
- As the programme progresses you will be allocated team leading responsibilities within operations environments to make sure teams operate effectively, efficiently, and safely
Key skills and knowledge taught as part of the programme:
- People and self-management skills
- Communication skills
- Project management and budget skills
- Problem solving techniques
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
During the CMI (Chartered Management Institute) accredited Level 3 Team Leader Apprenticeship qualification learners are introduced to a variety of leadership styles. This enables optimum motivation of team members and positive interaction with internal and external stakeholders.
They will have the skills, knowledge, and behaviours to develop and mentor their teams, allowing them to reach their full potential. Equipping them to solve problems, manage resources, achieve goals, and build stakeholder relationships in line with organisational strategy.
The Team Leader apprenticeship is delivered by Mercuri International UK a global training consultancy, delivery is blended with a mixture of face-to-face interaction in Tamworth, group sessions, virtual teaching and learning sessions, 121 coaching and mentoring sessions, utilising an e-portfolio site.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
You will be placed on a Team Leading Level 3 Apprenticeship and by the end of the fixed term contract you will have gained this qualification that will allow you to progress into permanent Team Leading roles within UPS when positions become available either at Tamworth or other locations in the UK.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Birch Coppice Business Park
Jim Casey Way
MERCURI INTERNATIONAL (UK) LIMITED
Team leader or supervisor
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.