Apprentice Medical Receptionist DR V SRI RAMULU
We are a friendly GP practice looking after just under 7500 patients. We are a friendly and supportive reception team looking to recruit a receptionist apprentice to supplement the team. You will undertake the level 3 Business Admin apprenticeship in the workplace. The role includes dealing with all general enquiries, explaining procedures and making new and follow-up appointments, using your own judgment and communication skills ensure that patients with no prior appointment but who need urgent consultation are seen in a logical and non-disruptive manner and explaining practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover and ensure procedures are completed.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
Please see details on the governments National Minimum Wage rates https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Monday to Friday during surgery hours. The hours are between 30 and 37.5 per week and will be discussed at interview.
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
01 Apr 2023
07 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients and any other visitors to the practice
- Deal with all general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments
- Using your own judgment and communication skills ensure that patients with no prior appointment but who need urgent consultation are seen in a logical and non-disruptive manner
- Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover and ensure procedures are completed
- Receive and make telephone calls as required. Divert calls and take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery
- Enter requests for home visits into the home visits book, ensuring careful recording of all relevant details and where necessary refer to duty doctor
- Action repeat prescription requests and ensure that they are ready for collection by the patient within 48 hours, in line with practice protocol
- Take action on clinicians’ requests for further information/patient contact information etc. (including computerised practice notes), ensuring completion of all associated paperwork.
- Advise patients of relevant charges for private (non-general medical services) services, accept payment and issue receipts for same
- Enter patient information on to the computer as required
- Prepare clinical rooms for surgeries, supply prescription forms and record numbers in use and ensure adequate supplies of consumables (including bottles, couch rolls, test request forms etc.)
- Open up premises at the start of the day when first to arrive, de-activate alarm and make all necessary preparations to receive patients
- When last to leave at the end of the day, ensure that the building is totally secured, internal lights are off and the alarm activated
- Ensure that all new patients are registered onto the computer system promptly and accurately
- Make and serve refreshments for meetings, ensure the kitchen is kept clean and tidy and air and tidy the waiting room in turn with other staff
- Covering colleagues’ holiday and sick cover as required
- Process incoming and outgoing mail according to practice protocols
- Record actions taken in patient record where appropriate or in accordance with practice protocols
- Complete other daily/ weekly and monthly core tasks to support to smooth running of the reception area
- Any other administration duties as necessitated by the needs of the practice
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will undertake the level 3 Business Admin apprenticeship with the training provider PMA. This training will be delivered in the workplace
- Where a business administrator has not already achieved Level 2 English and maths, they must do so before taking the end-point assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression to a permanent role as a medical receptionist if mutually agreed.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 / 9) Desired
About the employer
DR V SRI RAMULU
OFF ACORN WAY
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.