Finance Administrator Apprentice BACKOFFICE NATIONWIDE LIMITED
An opportunity has arisen to become part of our team based in Selby. You will assist in the day-to-day running of the organisation’s administrative duties, ensuring that all duties are completed efficiently & effectively. Whilst working with us you will be studying towards gaining an apprenticeship as a Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner.
Closing date: 02 Apr 2023
Monday to Friday, times to be confirmed with employer
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
10 Apr 2023
02 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Contact clients’ to manage & monitor various issues; including, to update customer status to clients, to advise of daily cheques received, and to email weekly copy of ledger.
- Deal with general queries, provide copy invoices/statements and respond to relevant correspondence and / or clients request for assistance.
- Carry out relevant and timely credit checks, and apply for appropriate credit limits; check ledgers and apply for increased limits where clients have reached their existing facility.
- Upload weekly invoice totals to online Factors.
- Set up new client accounts and sites; raise any manual credit notes and / or invoices.
- Post cash and allocate daily ensuring factors are updated as required.
- Balance and monitor weekly / monthly reconciliations.
- Close monthly period ends on the RBS Fac Flow system / online link.
- Bank Reconciliations.
- Report overdue accounts to factor on a monthly basis
- Answer incoming calls and direct as appropriate
- Provide support/holiday cover, as and where required across the organisation, to meet operational requirements and demands.
- Monitor all e-mail inboxes, highlighting e-mails which you will deal with, ensuring the desired response is dealt with in a timely manner, and bring to the attention of the supervisor any concerns within the e-mail boxes
- Ensure all insurance requests are dealt with within the agreed timescale
- Maintain accurate and well-organised ledgers to facilitate daily cash allocation and adjust off small balance below an agreed amount
- Maintain agreed SLA’s
- Use of auto entry to deal with purchase invoices.
- Monitor inbox post weekly, monthly journals.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Functional Skills if required
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- Any other job specific training as necessary
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Potential for a full-time position whilst completing the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
BACKOFFICE NATIONWIDE LIMITED
HEART OF YORKSHIRE EDUCATION GROUP
Heart of Yorkshire Education Group
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.