Operations and Support Apprentice NECA
Working within our small charity team, the apprentice will have an opportunity to experience a wide range of role tasks including general business administration but also incorporating marketing/promotions (particularly via use of social media and website maintenance/ development) and business development.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
Holiday entitlement in first year is 24 days, rising to 30 days after 1 years' service
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday 9.00am to 4.30pm
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
17 Apr 2023
02 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Work as part of the team providing an excellent level of operational support across a range of functions including:
• Estates - Assisting with general estates management, building repairs and ongoing maintenance
• Health and Safety - Assisting with the implementation of organisational health and safety processes and procedures
• Business Development - Assisting with funding research and bid application processes - Assisting with service marketing and promotions including web and social media development
• Training - Assisting with the administration of the Drink Drive Rehabilitation programme
• Procurement - Assist with procurement duties for all NECA centres as required
- Contribute to the building of effective team working
- Develop good working relationships with colleagues / external agencies
- To undertake any other task which may be deemed appropriate to the post
- Ensure services are delivered in accordance with relevant quality standards
- Ensure quality standards are maintained through continual monitoring of own performance expectations; and through stakeholder feedback
- Ensure records are accurately maintained and are in compliance with relevant legislation
- NECA systems, controls, policy and procedures concerning the accurate collection, maintenance, retrieval, security and storage of data
- All members of staff are bound by the requirements of the Data Protection Act and any breaches of the Act or of the confidential nature of the work of this post could lead to disciplinary action
Health and Safety
- Ensure a safe working environment for self, colleagues, and service users at all times
- Ensure completion of risk assessments as required
- Ensure compliance with the Safety, Health, Environment and Fire (SHEF) Handbook
Personal and Professional Development
- Seek, accept and participate in monthly Managerial supervision and Annual Appraisal in line with organisational policy and procedure
- Provide professional support to all colleagues
- Continually review and assess own performance and identify further development needs
- Participate in further learning, development and training in line with professional development needs and in accordance with relevant regulatory bodies
- Maintain Personal Development Plan with identified targets and action plans with annualappraisals of practice/competency
- Complete all mandatory training as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will work towards the Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard with Gateshead College.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible progression to advanced apprenticeship/ full time employment.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/4-9) Desired
About the employer
About disability confident
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.