Early Years Practitioner Apprentice NATURES LITTLE LEARNERS LTD
Natures Little Learners is inspired by the amazing abilities of children. We have an exciting opportunity for a fun loving, conscientious individual to join our setting. The position requires someone who is looking to start a new adventure with a career supporting young children to learn and develop in a nurturing environment.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
Plus Free Uniform. Free hot home- cooked meals.
Monday to Friday. 5 x 6 hour shifts, between 07.30- 18.00. Plus 6 hours per week paid study time TBC.
Total hours per week: 36.0
Possible start date
01 Apr 2023
01 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Work cooperatively with your room leader/mentor, follow instructions with ease, and dedicate time and effort to learning to complete the follow to a high standard.
- Ensures that all children attending the setting are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences appropriate to their age and stage of development.
- Observes, supports and extends children’s learnings.
- Appropriately plans individual learning experiences for children under the EYFS curriculum.
- Builds and maintains an effective partnership with parents.
- To complete assignments/tasks set by assessor on time.
- To attend all training as set out in your training agreement.
- To complete training and gain the relevant childcare qualification.
- To dedicate your time and enthusiasm to training, learning carry out the following tasks to a high standard.
- To deliver a high standard of learning, development and care for children aged 0-5 years.
- To work alongside staff members to provide an interesting and fun environment for out of school club children.
- To ensure that the nursery is a safe environment for children, staff and others.
- To develop partnerships with parents/carers to increase involvement in their child’s development.
- To provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, always.
- To deliver an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that enables children to make individual progress.
- To help ensure we always meet Ofsted requirements.
- To understand and work following the nursery's policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies.
- To plan activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes.
- To be a key worker alongside the key person.
- To ensure records are properly maintained using our Online Software, e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident book, risk assessments, incident forms, daily logs etc.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed, in accordance with the nursery's aims and objectives.
- To achieve full & relevant qualification in specified period.
- To use assessor, mentor and management feedback to reflect on learning.
- To follow all company expectations and policies.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Early Years Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard.
- To include Level 2 Diploma in Early Years.
- Training to take place at Nature's Little Learners over 5 days with time given for observation recording and assessment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- To become a nursery practitioner.
- Progression to supervisor or manager.
- Become an Early Years Educator Apprentice.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
NATURES LITTLE LEARNERS LTD
8 AVENUE CLOSE
LUMINATE EDUCATION GROUP
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.