Level 3 IT Service Desk Apprentice KING'S COLLEGE LONDON BUSINESS LIMITED
As an apprentice within the Service Centre Team, you will learn skills necessary for delivering high quality advice and support to staff and students of King's College London, providing an exceptional personalised service for IT and FM related issues, whilst completing your vocational qualification.
Closing date: 28 Mar 2023
Annual salary is £16,500 plus 10% bonus.
You will be working on a rota basis from Monday - Sunday. Shifts will range between 7.00am - 9.30pm.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
17 Apr 2023
28 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The Service Desk is responsible for handling front line queries received from various sources, such as telephone, email, social media and self-service and to be successful you should have strong communication skills, both oral and written, and a passion for customer care.
Main duties will include:
- Record and where possible, resolve customer queries using various diagnostic tools, knowledge and interpersonal skills
- Own and progress incidents and service requests with other technical teams on the customer's behalf, following up to ensure prompt resolution, whilst the customer is kept informed of the process
- Provide the highest levels of customer support and satisfaction in-line with policy and procedures
- Responsible for answering telephone calls in a polite and timely manner, whilst achieving agreed call wait levels
- To ensure all calls are logged accurately, prioritised and categorised correctly with all relevant information being recorded
- Ensure that all emails are logged correctly and in a timely manner and that all information is accurately collated to enable the Service Desk, or other teams, to easily access the requirements and respond to customers and the business within the agreed service level targets
- To ensure that Operational Level Agreement and Service Level Agreement levels are adhered to at all times
- To prioritise workload and escalate high priority calls to the Service Desk Team Leader, Service Desk Manager or Head of Service Management as necessary
- To work using own initiative and work within a team environment
- To understand and undertake the roles and responsibilities outlined in the Incident management process to the highest standard
- To act as champion for the King's Service Centre incident management process, leading by example and educating colleagues both within IT Service and the wider College on best practices
- To strive to deliver continual service improvement, proactively suggesting improvements to the incident management process or other process areas as identified
- To maintain a comprehensive understanding of the Service Desk Knowledgebase and CMS, using these tools to deliver an unparralleled customer service experience
- To maintain an awareness of incident trends and report these to the Service Desk Team Leader in a timely manner
- To strive to attain the highest possible first-time service resolution rate for customers
- To actively promote the Service Desk team to adhere to good practice and ITIL process wherever necessary
- To liaise with other members of the Service Desk in relation to Incidents and Service Requests and to maintain strong general communication lines
- To maintain an up-to-date level of knowledge with regards to technology, in particular security policies and King's Service Centre / King's College standards
You should have confidence interacting with users of various technical skill levels, remaining calm and courteous whilst working to resolve challenging incidents.
The post holder will work closely with colleagues in King's as well as other key stakeholders and will use the Service Management toolkit to record Work Orders, Incidents and Service Requests. Some travel may be required for meetings and training, predominantly between Quintrell Downs and university campuses in London.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be working towards a Level 3 Digital Support Technician apprenticeship standard.
You will receive on and off the job training and support from an assessor and an apprenticeship advisor.
You will be required to attend Cornwall College St Austell on a weekly basis as part of the apprenticeship training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, there may be opportunities for further development and progression.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
KING'S COLLEGE LONDON BUSINESS LIMITED
Quintdown Business Park
Digital support technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.