Apprentice Chef LITTLE PIGGY CATERING LIMITED
We at Little Piggy are looking to hire an apprentice to train in the kitchens alongside our head chef and events chefs. We are seeking a high-energy and well-organised apprentice Chef to join our expanding events team and our new café venue. Working alongside our professionally trained chefs, the apprentice will have the opportunity to assist in designing menus for our pop-up-themed nights at our new café.
Closing date: 31 May 2023
Tuesday to Friday 9.30am-5.30pm. 10.30am-8.30pm Saturday, hours on Saturday’s dependent on events and new café requirements. Includes 1 day paid release attendance at Cambridge campus. Exact working pattern will be discussed.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Jun 2023
02 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Reports To – Duty Manager:
With close mentoring support, the candidate will have the ability to work flexible and demanding schedules in line with event bookings and new café.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assisting in the food preparation processes of dishes
- Contributing to maintaining kitchen and food safety standards
- To maintain and continually organise the equipment store
- To keep the equipment, clean and organised
- To maintain food storage areas
- To load the vans for events as per the event lists and to unload and organise the temporary event kitchens
- To set up clearing areas and washing areas on event days
- To keep the kitchens tidy and clear on prep days and event days
- To clean and organise the fridges and freezers
- To coordinate the clear downs and van loading on event days
- To keep the equipment clean during the event day
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
We have an established, experienced chef team and executive chef who will be hands on in the training for the apprentice, overseen by the management team. We think that we can offer a challenging, stimulating, and exciting work environment for an apprentice to boost their practical studies.
The practical period is the time dedicated to the development of the knowledge, skills and behaviours for your apprenticeship which includes the following components;
• Commis Chef Standard - Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
• Level 2 Award in Food Safety
• Functional Skills Level 1 maths and English (exemptions apply)
Day release to Cambridge campus for catering workshop training.
The apprentice would be assigned an assessor through the College, who would typically come out to visit in the workplace to assess workplace competence.
The knowledge side would be provided via an online portal VLE (Virtual Learning Environment), and assignments/ evidence of work/ portfolio would be checked via an online Smart Assessor.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
View to keep to ideal candidate to grow with our catering and events business.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
LITTLE PIGGY CATERING LIMITED
21 High Street
CAMBRIDGE REGIONAL COLLEGE
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.