Customer Service Practitioner Apprentice ST OSWALD'S HOSPICE LIMITED
You will work as part of our Clinical Administration and Logistics Team providing administration to the wide range of services that are delivered under the umbrella of Day Services. During this 15 month fixed term appointment, you will undertake a Level 2 Customer Services Practitioner Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 07 Apr 2023
Monday – Friday, 9.00am-5.00pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
10 Apr 2023
27 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your role will involve providing administration to Day Services - Outpatient clinics (examples include Lymphoedema, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), young adults, Focus on Living Centre examples include Therapeutic groups, Ambulatory Care, Complementary Therapy and the Combined Supportive Care Clinic.
- Planning and coordination of patient appointments and organising ambulance patient transport when needed.
- Planning and coordinating resources for the St Oswald’s Hospice Transport service and Patient Garment Ordering.
- Provision of day to day administration responsibilities including electronic email, filing, photocopying, scanning, shredding and typing duties as required.
- Answering the telephone.
- Dealing with internal and external visitors.
- Data entry and upload of service user details.
- Receiving and responding to enquiries from patients, colleagues, external healthcare professionals and carers.
- Creating, managing and amending patient clinic appointments ensuring that all data is recorded accurately and timely onto the patient record within SystmOne.
- Generating appointment letters and correspondence to patients, external health and social care professionals as appropriate.
- Liaising with North East Ambulance Service booking patient transport when needed.
- Preparing and planning journeys to maximise the service delivery and minimise patient journey times.
- Liaising with drivers (paid bank and volunteers) resolving any queries they have.
- Examining routes and allocation of workloads, managing any changes proactively.
- Ensuring appropriate transport risk assessments are undertaken and reviewed.
- Welcoming patients, carers, visitors and healthcare professionals politely and efficiently to the outpatient department, dealing with queries tactfully and discreetly.
- Carrying out the agreed booking in process when patients arrive in the outpatient department.
- Using the electronic patient administration system to book patients in, check details and respond to queries regarding appointments.
This profile provides an overview of the most important parts of the job however all jobs shift over time and so we may ask you from time to time to carry out new tasks. These will fit with the remit of your role and your manager will guide and direct you.
Risk Management including Health & Safety:
We take the safety of our staff, volunteers, patients and their families seriously. We have a full suite of Health and Safety procedures and training that we’ll ask you to sign up to and we expect you to complete all our essential health and safety training.
Team Working and Conduct:
Team work is core to the role and you will work as a positive team member, Our Respect at Work Policy, values and People charter help to guide everyone in how we live this day to day.
You will have access to confidential information, so it’s important that you maintain the highest confidentiality of members of the public, staff and volunteers in accordance with St Oswald’s policies and GDPR legislation.
The non-clinical hospice-based role risk assessment has been assessed as complete for this role.
An enhanced DBS Check is required for this post.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard.
- Training will be delivered in the workplace.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is the possibility of a full time position upon successful completion of the apprenticeship for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
ST OSWALD'S HOSPICE LIMITED
ST. OSWALDS HOSPICE
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
Apprenticeship Recruitment Team
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.