Compactor Maintenance Engineer Apprentice PDE WASTE TECHNOLOGIES LTD
The apprentice will be trained within the compaction team with the aim of being able to service, repair and maintain balers. The role requires an interest in electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems and the ability to work alone after training as part of a team. Travelling across all PDE working operations is required as part of the duties.
Closing date: 16 Jun 2023
We offer a starting salary of £16,900 rising year on year through your apprenticeship program.
Monday - Friday, 7.00am - 3.30pm
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
26 Jun 2023
24 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Apprenticeship programmes consist of five core components: direct business involvement, on-the-job training, related instruction, rewards for skill gains, and completion resulting in a national occupation credential.
Duties to include:
- Carry out planning and prep activities before commencing a task
- Check tools before and after you have completed tasks, identifying and reporting defects
- Service and repair balers
- Maintain balers
Health and Safety:
- All learning will need to comply with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements in the relevant sector
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Engineering Fitter Apprenticeship Standard
- One day a week practical training in the engineering workshop at Langley College, Langley
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- To become a fully qualified engineer and continue their employment within the PDE engineering team
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
PDE WASTE TECHNOLOGIES LTD
Grundon Waste Management
Lakeside Industrial Estate
THE WINDSOR FOREST COLLEGES GROUP
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.