Bleak Hill Primary School - Teaching Assistant Apprentice Bleak Hill Primary School
To work with and supervise individuals and groups of children under the direction/instruction of teaching and/or senior staff, inclusive of specific individual learning needs, enabling access to learning for all pupils and assistance and support in classroom management and behaviour techniques.
Closing date: 10 Apr 2023
£5.28 per hour
Monday - Friday 8 am - 4 pm
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
11 Apr 2023
22 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Main duties will include:
- Establish good working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model
- Be aware of and respond appropriately to individual pupil needs ensuring effective interaction
- Provide specific support to pupils dependent upon their individual needs ensuring their safety whilst supporting access to learning activities
- Promote inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher
- Promote self-esteem and independence
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under the guidance and direction of the teacher
- To provide one-to-one support in either a care/special needs capacity for individual pupils, as directed by the teacher
- Provide clerical/administration support (e.g., photocopying, typing, filing and data input etc.)
- Assist with the display of children’s work
- Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly, and supportive environment, in accordance with lesson plans
- In liaison with the teacher, utilise strategies to support pupils in achieving learning goals
- Report pupil achievement, progress, and issues as appropriate in an agreed format
- Undertake pupil record keeping as requested
- Administer routine primary tests.
- Promote good pupil behaviour, dealing with conflict and incidents and encouraging pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour in line with established school policy
- Establish constructive relationships with parents/carers and communicate information as required
- Undertake structured and agreed learning activities/learning programmes, taking into consideration pupil learning styles, including small group work
- Undertake English and Maths programmes, recording achievements and progress and providing appropriate reports and feedback for the teacher
- Support the use of ICT in learning activities and develop pupils’ competence and independence in its use
- Prepare, maintain levels, and use equipment/resources required to meet the lesson plans/relevant learning activity and assist pupils in their use
- Be aware of and comply with school policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality, and data protection
- Report all concerns to the appropriate person (as named in the policy concerned)
- Be aware of and support differences and ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Contribute to the school ethos, aims and development/improvement plan
- Have an awareness of and support the role of other colleagues
- Attend relevant meetings as required
- Participate in training and other learning activities as required
- Assist with the supervision of pupils outside of directed lesson time, including before and after school if appropriate and within working hours
- Accompany teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out-of-school activities as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Teaching Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional skills if required
- End Point Assessment (EPA)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
For the right candidate, there will be opportunities to progress.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Bleak Hill Primary School
4 Hamilton Rd, Windle, Saint Helens
ASSET TRAINING & CONSULTANCY LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.