The apprenticeship in dental nursing is an 18-month government funded City & Guilds Level 3 Extended Diploma in Dental Nursing. The job entails assisting the dentist, sterilising equipment, reception and any other ad hoc duties as may be required.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
26 Oct 2023
21 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Provide efficient and reliable chair-side support to Practice Clinicians
The role will also require working in other areas of the practice such as:
- Dealing with patient queries
- Answering the phone
- Taking payments and booking appointments
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- This qualification is a level 3 advanced apprenticeship accredited by City & Guilds and is delivered nationwide through blended interactive E-Learning, enabling learners to access the course from anywhere in the UK
- Upon achievement the apprentice will be awarded a Diploma in Dental Nursing Level 3
- You will also complete Functional Skills unless exempt
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
With experience you may be able to move into jobs like team manager, team leader or dental practice manager.
With further training you could become a dental therapist, helping a dentist carry out the more routine dentistry work. You could also become a dental hygienist, helping people to look after their teeth and gums.
You might decide to train as an orthodontic therapist helping dentists to improve the look and position of a patient's teeth.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
TEMP DENT DENTAL AGENCY LIMITED
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.