Apprentice Teaching Assistant - Reculver C Of E Primary School Reculver C Of E Primary School
We are looking for 2 Apprentice Teaching Assistants. You will be working with age range 4-11, supporting children individually, as part of a small group, or in a whole class situation. These are fantastic level 3 apprenticeship opportunities for the right candidates.
Closing date: 23 Apr 2023
Please note that this is a term time only vacancy so your actual salary will be a pro-rata portion of the advertised rate. Your salary will be annualised and you will be paid for the weeks you work, plus a paid annual leave allocation.
Monday - Friday 8.30am - 4.00pm, term-time-only. Total hours per week: 35.00.
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
05 Jun 2023
22 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Do you want to take the first steps of a career working with children, or in teaching at our OFSTED rated ‘Outstanding’ primary school in Herne Bay?
This apprenticeship is an excellent opportunity to begin your career in teaching at a school with a Specialist Resourced Provision for children with additional learning needs.
Reculver CEP school is a school with long-standing experience in supporting apprentices. Some of our apprentices have gone on to university and are now training to become teachers. We are currently looking for the next teaching assistant to be a part of our friendly and hard-working team.
If you are keen, enthusiastic and looking for a career in which you can have an impact, this could well be the role for you.
Typically, the role will include - but is not limited to the following:
- Supporting children's learning by providing teaching support in small groups and where necessary be assigned to individual pupils in order to aid the teacher
- Assist with general administration tasks i.e. photocopying, filing etc.
- Work with the teacher and the classroom teaching assistant in carrying out lesson plans and pupils’ individual personalised learning plans
- To promote the school's values, culture and ethos, maintaining confidentiality always
- Taking part in wider curricular activities outside the classroom
- Liaise with the teacher to understand the objectives of each session
- Assist the teacher with observations and monitoring of the progress of children, both educationally and socially
- Keep up to date written records for supported pupils
- Promote positive behaviour patterns, raise self-esteem and improve independent working in children to assist their education and growth
- Supervise in PE lessons and at play time to ensure the safety of the children and administer first aid as required
- Make materials and resources for teachers or pupils as directed by the class teacher and assist where necessary with mounting of work and displays
- Assist where necessary with preparation and clearing away of the classroom and materials to ensure effective teaching
- To undertake playground duties
- To attend meetings with members of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
- To attend training sessions as requested by SLT
- To undertake any other duties as directed by SLT
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard
- Functional skills in English and maths at level 2 if required
- Work-based and online training delivery
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is the possibility that a Teaching Assistant position may become available in the future, but this is not guaranteed.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Reculver C Of E Primary School
PROFILE DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.