Early Years Apprenticeship Level 2 STORYBOOK DAY NURSERIES LTD
Ofsted Outstanding Family Managed Setting in Upminster recruiting a dedicated and enthusiastic Level 2 Apprentice. When an Apprentice first joins us they are given a full induction and an opportunity to get to know staff and children, shadow existing team members and receive input from a mentor. Once settled, Apprentices will then begin learning through supervised on the job working and will therefore begin carrying out the same duties as our other employees.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Paid Holiday, Bonus Paid Day off on Birthday, Long Service Incentive Programme, Pension, Subsidised Uniform
Shifts to be confirmed
Total hours per week: 36
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
21 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
This will therefore include (supervised) responsibilities as follows:
- Work as a team to offer a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of children and promote their development in all areas of the EYFS, setting up the nursery environment and preparing resources accordingly
- Work as a team to plan for, risk assess, set up, clear away and supervise our garden environment
- Carry out regular risk assessments across all areas of nursery as required
- Observe and keep records of key children’s participation and development via Key Worker books and Profile observations, planning specific activities to help them meet next steps
- Prepare assessment reports for key children including On Entry, Two Year Check, Termly Trackers, School Readiness reports and so on
- Deliver activities and teaching sessions to small groups or whole room as required by planning and develop own teaching skills with the support of colleagues
- Consistently use Makaton throughout interactions with children to promote their communication
- Provide a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children regardless of disabilities, family backgrounds or medical history, promoting British Values across nursery
- Read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures
- Accurately log all information on Famly, including but not limited to attendance, allergies, medicine, incidents, absence, meals, toileting, sleeps and room/personal feedback
- Be aware of allergies, medicines or additional needs of all children in nursery to ensure their needs can be met by all staff
- Be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents evening, fundraising events etc.
- Provide personal and intimate care for children, including toileting, feeding and comfort
- Make sure that meal times are a time of pleasant social interaction, encouraging the children and setting a positive example
- Ensure high standards of hygiene and cleanliness (self, children and environment) are maintained at all times
- Our Directors and Management team (including Qualified Teachers, specialist SEN practitioners and business professionals) have a wealth of experience and knowledge within early years and are able to provide excellent support to individuals with the right attitude and willingness to succeed. All apprentices are also allocated a Mentor.
- Through our apprenticeship scheme we are looking to train highly qualified long term employees and promote career progression within our organisation. For example, the first Apprentice we recruited has now progressed to our Management Team
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Early Years Practitioner Level 2 Qualification, via on the job training, one to one sessions with assessor, mentoring from Senior Team and inclusion in hands on practice and planning.
Plus in person and online CPD including:
- Paediatric First Aid
- Food Safety
- Positive Behaviour Management
- Prevent Duty
- Regular staff meetings and on site training in various areas of Childcare Practice
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Ongoing training for Level 3 at higher salary or Permanent Level 2 position
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
About the employer
STORYBOOK DAY NURSERIES LTD
107 FRONT LANE
ACADEMIES ENTERPRISE TRUST
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.