Nursery Assistant Apprentice - Term Time Only ALPHA PLUS GROUP LIMITED
We are looking for a motivated candidate who is looking for a career in Early Years to join us. For the right candidate this would initially in a supporting role, with a view to training and developing as a practitioner. This is a term time only role.
Closing date: 28 Jun 2023
£9,609.60 to £18,964.40
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Monday - Friday, 8:15am - 3:45pm. Term time only.
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
29 Jun 2023
21 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Supporting the Early Years practitioners in our Ofsted Outstanding Nursery School to deliver high quality learning and care for all of our pupils
- Supporting with the children's daily routines
- Supporting children's learning activities as directed by the nursery practitioners
- Working as part of a team to deliver the best outcomes for the children
- Setting up the nursery each morning
- Helping with organisational tasks
- Attending training sessions
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard.
Over the course of 18 months, you will study units such as (these may differ):
- Health & Safety in a childcare setting
- Holistic child development
- Safeguarding in a childcare setting
- Child development
- Communication with children
- Purposeful play and educational programmes
- Supporting children with special educational needs
- Collaborative working in early years childcare
- Wellbeing principles for children and at higher levels
- Child protection
- Supporting key life transitions
- Behaviour management
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme, you will achieve a Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification and a TQUK Diploma in Early Years.
We and our employer partners are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, so a DBS check will be required for this role.
To make you aware, this position is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore all convictions, cautions and bind-overs, including those regarded as ‘spent’ must be declared, and you will be asked about these during the recruitment process.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
For the right candidate, there may be an oppourtunity to become part of our team of practitioners after completing this apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
ALPHA PLUS GROUP LIMITED
34A Oxford Gardens
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.