Business Administration Apprenticeship EASTHAM GROUP PRACTICE
An apprenticeship in a busy GP Practice to learn and support the admin duties of the practice as well as gaining a level 3 Business Administration qualification. You will receive, assist, and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient, and effective way.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
Wage is £9.50 per hour. For current National Minimum Wage details visit https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Eastham group practice is open 5 days a week from 8:00 – 18:30. 37.5hrs per week, days/shift pattern to be discussed on interview.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Apr 2023
21 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Maintain and monitor the practice appointment system.
- Process telephone and e-consults for appointments.
- Answer incoming phone calls, transferring calls or dealing with the callers request appropriately.
- Signpost patients to the correct service. Initiating contact with and responding to, requests from patients, team members and external agencies.
- Photocopy/scan documentation as required.
- Data entry of new and temporary registrations and relevant patient information as required.
- Input data into the patients’ healthcare records as necessary.
- Direct requests for information i.e. SAR, insurance / solicitors letters and DVLA forms to the administrative team. Manage all queries as necessary in an efficient manner.
- Monitor and maintain the reception area and notice boards. Support all clinical staff with general tasks as requested.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Enrolment on the Business Admin Level 3 apprenticeship with PMA Ltd and the following internal training:
- Internal Training (1-1 sessions, shadowing).
- Mandatory Training via TeamNet (internal staff website).
- Protected Learning Time (every quarter).
- Team Meetings that include training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The offer of future employment at Eastham Group Practice.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
EASTHAM GROUP PRACTICE
47 BRIDLE ROAD
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.