Surgery Reception and Administration Support Apprentice Elm Surgery
This is a new and challenging role for an enthusiastic and ambitious candidate who is happy in a customer service role supporting a busy GP practice. The role will include regular contact with patients both face to face and over the phone.
Closing date: 14 Apr 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday - working within shifts initially over 5 days but may change to 4 days. Working times/shifts will be confirmed at interview (30 minutes unpaid lunch break) Shifts TBC.
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
17 Apr 2023
16 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Responsibilities will vary day to day but will be primarily to support a busy medical reception area. Tasks will include;
- Booking in patients at reception area
- Assisting with general enquiries over the phone
- Booking patients for routine appointments
- Handling general medical enquiries including liaison with other GP/NHS contacts
- Assisting with other general administration support tasks such as scanning documents, photocopying of notes/records, filing patient notes and general accurate record keeping tasks
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Customer Service Practitioner Standard - Level 2
- On the Job training to support role development
- Off the Job training (College attendance) to support qualification requirements
- Employer will offer dedicated Off the Job training time to support qualification requirements
- Functional Skills support - maths and English (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of employment/progression opportunities upon successful completion of Level 2 qualification for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade A*/9 - C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
123 LEYPARK WALK
FOCUS TRAINING (SW) LIMITED
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.