Administration Apprentice St Peter's VC Academy
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for and train with a welcoming, friendly and creative school as an Administration Apprentice. Applicants would be expected to build up the necessary skills required to provide an effective reception service, answering routine telephone and face to face enquiries, along with general admin duties.
Closing date: 14 Apr 2023
This vacancy is term time only, so the salary is pro rata.
Monday - Thursday - 8.00am - 4.00pm Friday 8.00am - 3.30pm
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
24 Apr 2023
27 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
St Cuthbert’s RC Academy Trust are seeking to appoint a hardworking, quick learner with the ability to adapt to change as a motivated Administration and Customer Service Apprentice to join the office team at St Peter’s Primary School in Scarborough.
You will be expected to be a team player and contribute to the school’s administrative, customer and support services and be the first point of contact for our parents and visitors on reception.
We would like you to:
- Undertake reception and telephone duties with accuracy
- Ensure that all visitors are warmly and professionally welcomed
- Maintain accurate manual and computerised records, therefore have a good level of IT skills
- Maintain stock and supplies, cataloguing and distributing as required
- Provide general administrative and low-level financial support, therefore essential to have both Maths and English of GCSE Grade 4 (C) or above
- Effectively contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of our school
We can offer:
- A happy vibrant environment with the opportunity to learn a varied school office administrative and customer service role
- Kind and caring ethos with high expectations
- Support in your development through our personalised mentoring and coaching
- A committed, cohesive, enthusiastic and supportive Trust team.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard:
This is an Advanced Apprenticeship in Business Administration and will include a combination of on and off the job training in the workplace. You will have monthly mentoring and guidance at work from a Craven College Learning & Development Advisor alongside weekly college attendance.
Where a business administrator has not already achieved Level 2 English and maths (or equivalent), they must do so before taking the end-point assessment.
After approximately 18 months you will be entered to undertake an End Point Assessment, to complete your Apprenticeship
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of permanent employment and going on to complete further qualifications.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
St Peter's VC Academy
North Leas Avenue
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.