Apprentice Early Years Practitioner SEVENOAKS DAY NURSERY TRUST
Do you want to earn a salary while you work and gain a qualification? We are currently recruiting for an early years apprentice to help and assist our early years practitioner in providing outstanding childcare to 0-5 year olds, based in Sevenoaks, Kent.
Closing date: 02 Apr 2023
Annual salary - £13,650 minimum (dependent on age) Up to 12 days sick leave at full pay Free Parking Free DBS check 20 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays) Free training
Monday - Friday, 8.00am - 4.00pm or 9.00am - 5.00pm or 10.00am - 6.00pm (1-hour unpaid lunch).
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
01 May 2023
15 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your responsibilities will include:
- Help with the daily routine and care of the children in your assigned room and across the setting as a whole
- Interact with the children to support their learning and development in a manner appropriate for their age/stage
- Prepare resources under the guidance of colleagues
- Set-up activities both inside and outside under the direction of colleagues
- Undertake daily housekeeping jobs as required
- Fill out daily paperwork as required under the direction of colleagues
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Early years practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard.
- Work based learning
- Site visits (when permitted) once a month to include training for Diploma and Functional Skills where applicable
- The course will take between 15 – 22 months (practical period) depending on hours worked
- If apprentice has additional learning needs, we can offer different types of training sessions
- Preparation for end point assessment within 3 months of practical period completed
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, a permanent position within our Nursery and further career development.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SEVENOAKS DAY NURSERY TRUST
REAR OF COMMUNITY CENTRE
IPS INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.