Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship SIDEBYSIDE NURSERY LTD
We are looking for a fun-loving and dynamic team member who will promote and enhance the existing team. The Nursery Practitioner is a key member of the nursery team and is responsible for delivering high quality care and learning opportunities for children. You must already have a relevant level 2 or prior knowledge to be considered for this role.
Closing date: 14 Apr 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday Between 8:00am and 6:00pm. Shifts TBA.
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
15 Apr 2023
21 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your role will be to:
- Promote positive relationships in the early years setting.
- Promote the health, safety and well-being of the children.
- Support the children’s development, learning and play.
- Be a key person, carrying out all related responsibilities in building relationships with a small group of children and their families.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of teamwork.
- To be a role model and be able to showcase high quality practice with regards to individual and group work with children.
- To take responsibility alongside the nursery management team for the safety, security and well-being of all children, staff and visitors at all times.
- To support the management team in supporting the nursery to reach an ‘Outstanding’ grade with Ofsted.
- Promote equality and diversity within the nursery, challenging any behaviour which does not support our Inclusive Practice and Equal Opportunities Policy.
- To be part of a team that provides a purposeful, stimulating environment that is rich in learning opportunities, both indoors and outdoors. Activities should take into account children’s abilities, interests, language and cultural backgrounds.
- To be flexible within working practise of the nursery and be prepared to help where needed including undertaking domestic jobs within the nursery e.g. preparation of snacks, cleaning on equipment, putting bins out etc.
- To ensure that all children are treated as individuals and that we are supporting this through our approach to planning in line with the EYFS.
- To work in partnership to ensure standards are continuously being met in line with Ofsted requirements and the EYFS.
- To support the planning and implementation of activities with individual or groups of children, promoting effective teaching and learning.
- Have a child-centred approach to the running of the service
To ensure the health & safety of all staff, children and visitors by ensuring policies on security and safety are adhered to at all times.
- To work in partnership with parents and carers.
- To provide objective and accurate feedback to parents and carers to support the child’s learning and next steps.
- To work in partnership with other professionals (family support, speech therapists and SENCO etc.) to support the child’s learning and next steps.
- Attend parent’s evenings and meetings as required.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The successful applicant will work towards the Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship and will obtain a level 3 award, as well as an award in paediatric first aid.
You will also learn the various aspects of working as an Early Years Educator in this supportive but busy nursery.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This vacancy may lead to a permanent position for the successful applicant.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Other Early years Practitioner Level 2 (Grade Pass) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
SIDEBYSIDE NURSERY LTD
JUNIPER TRAINING LIMITED
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.