Apprentice Human Resources Administrator Mansfield District Council
The successful candidate will work within the Human Resources (HR) Team and will be based at the Civic Centre in Mansfield. The team provides the HR support for both Mansfield District Council and Ashfield District Council. The successful candidate will work under supervision and guidance to develop skills, knowledge, and experience. To assist with all incoming communication to the team including emails, telephone calls.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
The first six months will be paid at the apprenticeship rate, followed by National Minimum Wage rate (dependent on age) for the remainder of the Apprenticeship.
08:30 - 17:00 Monday to Friday (with lunch break)
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
01 Apr 2023
09 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To assist with all incoming communication to the team including emails, telephone calls, dealing with correspondence and sending invitations to meetings using Microsoft Teams and other modes
- This will include monitoring of incoming mail to the team inboxes
To support the team with general administrative tasks including updating databases, filing, photocopying, scanning, and printing
- To develop knowledge and understanding of the Organisational Development Plan and set up meetings
- The successful candidate will also be required to coordinate internal and external meetings, take minutes, and distribute accordingly
- To develop relationships with our business partners and networks and send out regular updates to them
- To ensure that our contact lists are up to date and accurate and monitor information sharing opportunities
- To collate data and produce reports in relation to learning and development, recruitment, and payroll
- Meet and greet visitors and ensure rooms are prepared for meetings/training events
- To develop knowledge and understanding of the council’s finance system to enable raising of purchase orders and good receipting
- To develop knowledge and understanding of HR systems and carry out administrative tasks to support service delivery
- To support the delivery of our activity in schools and Colleges and the associated administrative tasks for the Career Ambassador programme
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship Standard, including Functional Skills if required
- This is a work-based programme which means that all of your learning will take place on the site of your employment and within your contracted working hours. We host supporting workshops regularly throughout the apprenticeship which you can attend in person at our Derby Road campus or virtually via Microsoft Teams
- You will work with expert assessors to develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours within the profession
- You will experience a blended learning model
- You will gather learning evidence, journals and off-the-job records using your e-portfolio
- At the end of the planned learning period, it will be agreed that you are ready to enter 'Gateway' and for your End Point Assessment to be arranged
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The progression from the apprenticeship would be longevity within the business looking to work towards future qualifications to eventually join the business as a highly skilled and knowledgeable member of the team, Along with the career progression plan within the Council.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 9-4 / A*-C) Essential
About the employer
Mansfield District Council
Chesterfield Road South
WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.