Early Years Childcare Practitioner Apprentice LISTER STEPS LIMITED
We are looking for someone new to join our team to work in our younger room with our children. We care for children 0–14 across the nursery. We are looking for someone that is up-beat, looking for a new challenge, someone with a passion to create the best start for our children. Work and interact directly with children on a day-to-day basis supporting the planning of and delivery of activities.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
£8,236.80 to £16,255.20
Minimum wage depending on age.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Must be flexible, work 30 hours over 5 days and overtime is a possibility. Opening hours of the nursery is Monday - Friday, 7:30am and 6pm. Shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
03 Jul 2023
09 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Support all staff in the setting and actively work to promote good teamwork and excellent communication skills
- To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs
- To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical histories
- To advise manager/deputy manager of any concerns relating to children, parents and the safety of the environment, you must preserve confidentiality as necessary
- To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, summer fayre and nursery events
- To be flexible within working practices of the setting, undertaking other responsible duties where needed, such as domestic tasks, preparation of snacks and meals, cleansing of equipment, putting out bins, laundry, front of house any other task deemed suitable by the management team. You also need to be flexible regarding working in different rooms as and when required to ensure effective operation of the nursery
- To ensure that health and safety standards are always maintained
- To work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the setting’s philosophy is fulfilled
- To read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role and the safe running of the setting
- To develop your role within the team, especially regarding being a key person you must keep children’s learning journals up to date, including photographs, and you must take weekly observations of the children in your care
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff that is acquired as part of the job
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are always maintained
- To complete daily risk assessments and activity risk assessments when needed
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Early Years Educator Qualification
- First Aid
- Functional Skills (if required)
- During your apprenticeship you will be working towards your Level 3 Early years Educator qualification
- You will be visited every month by your dedicated Development Couch from The Learning Foundry and you will also be required to attend monthly online workshops
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Further progression may well be available in other areas within our sector
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
LISTER STEPS LIMITED
THE OLD LIBRARY
THE LEARNING FOUNDRY LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.