Packaging Management Apprenticeship Programme KITE PACKAGING LIMITED
Kite Packaging are running their very own Management Apprenticeship Programme starting in September 2023. We are looking for exceptional candidates who have the potential and ambition to become managers of the future. Kite is a Sunday Times Top 100 business with the fastest growth in the packaging distribution industry. The role includes supporting account managers with customer service, communicating with Kite’s vast customer portfolio and helping manage customer projects.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
All successful candidates will be provided with starting basic salary of £20,000, rising by £2,000 every 12 months towards £28,000 on completion of the programme.
Monday to Friday, shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
13 Feb 2023
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
What will the apprentice be doing?
We are looking for exceptional candidates who have the potential and ambition to become managers of the future specialising in commercial/purchasing, customer service, sales, operations and logistics
The programme will give you a unique opportunity to experience working in all parts of the business with professional development training and support along the way. You will be mentored by and report to a Kite Managing Partner, who will provide insight into the operational side of Kite Packaging and support your learning.
You could be working on:
- Working with the commercial and purchasing teams assisting with the customer enquiries, supply chain management, sourcing of new product and pricing
- Supporting account managers with customer service, communicating with Kite’s vast customer portfolio, and helping manage customer projects
- Working with the sales team targeting prospective customers, helping generate and manage enquiries, learning about Kite’s product and solution offering
- Supporting the warehouse operations, learning the warehouse management processes and distribution logistics planning
- Assisting branch manager with the office administration, data management and special project execution
The apprentices will have the opportunity to participate in and learn about every business function of their local branch and will ultimately be able to shape their own career in the business function most suited to them within Kite.
Successful candidates will obtain a BSc (hons.) degree which will include:
- Identifying opportunities for technological improvement, selecting products from suppliers
- Working with market research professionals to translate consumer insight into packaging design features
- Identifying packaging opportunities and championing them to stakeholders
- Identifying and optimising solutions that improve sustainability and minimise environmental impact
- Managing complex projects to time and budget
- Generating new packaging products in response to brief
- Ensuring that packaging developed meets set requirements, legislation and specifications
- Producing samples to optimise the end product, different materials, formats and designs
- Running trials to check packaging for suitability and performance under various conditions
- Controlling specifications, production and quality standards
- Undertaking technical evaluations, selections, and negotiating with suppliers
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- This is a 4 year programme integrating a professional, business degree (BSc. Hons.) focusing specifically on the packaging industry in collaboration with Sheffield Hallam University. The degree starts in January 2024 and involves attending Sheffield Hallam University on block study for a total of 20-25 days each year. All costs of attending the degree course, as well as the time off work required, will be covered by Kite Packaging
- Apprentices without level 2 English and mathematics will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end-point assessment for this apprenticeship
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of the programme, successful candidates would take up a position to further develop their skills with an opportunity to become a team leader or manager.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
A Level or equivalent Any subject (Grade BBC / Distinction Merit Merit) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
KITE PACKAGING LIMITED
Salisbury Road Business Park
SHEFFIELD HALLAM UNIVERSITY
Packaging professional (integrated degree)
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.