Production Operative Apprentice A PINDER LTD
The production operative is responsible for the ensuring that exceptional quality and attention to detail on running print machines and finishing/distributing finished printed goods. They are expected to support the PM showing enthusiasm, flexibility, motivation and productivity at all times.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
£7 Per Hour.
Monday to Friday 8:30am - 5:15pm 45m Lunch
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
03 Apr 2023
07 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
· Supports the PM in all aspects as and when are required
· Steps up and covers colleague who are absent for various reasons, holiday, install etc.
· To work across all areas of production, across every company department when required, including stores & dispatch.
· Demonstrating a positive, flexible, helpful attitude with communication and planning from the PM.
· Supports the PM to plan and manage the flow of work coming into production by working in an efficient manner at all times
· Excellent attention to detail in running machines and finishing print to ensure every items meets the company high standard.
· Attends and contributes to a daily production planning meeting prior to the staff commencing work when required
· Working with the PM to ensure customer orders are fulfilled within the timescale promised and as agreed with the customer. This may involve working outside of our ‘normal working hours’ and being receptive to ‘short notice’ overtime requests to ensure demand is met.
· Monitors, measures and challenges production capacity
· Helps to manage the premises and production equipment (hardware & software) to ensure a health, clean environment is present.
· Ensures regular maintenance of the production equipment you may be responsible for and reports back any issues immediately to a line/senior manager
· Actively looks to control costs and efficiency and develops best practice measures
· Promotes a ‘can do’ and helpful mentality within the team and actively looks to lead by example when ‘out of hours’ requirements are needed
· Complies with the Food and Drink Policy within the department
· Ensures that training, knowledge and self-development are sourced to create flexibility throughout and limit production problems caused by holiday, absence or install.
· Helps to manage the dispatch process, by ensuring all paperwork and system requirements are complete. Covers for ‘Stores’ when required.
· Shows an understanding and compassion for the other departments within the business
· Helping the PM manage the stock requisition and stock levels
· Ensuring paperwork to accounts is correct and complete.
· Takes part in 121’s and annual appraisals. Agreeing objections and managing individual training needs.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be working towards a Print operative Level 2 (GCSE)
Training will be one day a week.
Training location to be confirmed.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Opportunities to move into a full time position upon completion of apprenticeships.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
SHEFFIELD CITY COUNCIL
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.