Adult Support Worker Level 2 Apprentice (Chestnut Lodge) Chestnut Lodge Nursing and Residential Home
We are recruiting for a Adult Support Worker Apprentice that wants to be involved within the care sector. Full training will be given including the Care Certificate & the Adult Care Worker Level 2 Diploma. We are a small local company with a good reputation with both the Local Authority and the CQC as can be seen in our inspection reports.
Closing date: 07 Jul 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Working hours are 5 day per week between Monday - Sunday – 8:00am – 4:00pm (7 hours), 5 days a week or 12pm – 8pm (7 hours) alternating
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
10 Jul 2023
08 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You would be expected to maintain care skills at a current level and undertake such training and development as may from time-to-time be required to maintain that currency of practice.
To provide care in accordance with current best practice, according to policy and procedures, agreed standards, legislative requirements, relevant regulations under the direction of the Manager, and within the financial plans agreed from time-to-time.
- Providing a warm and welcoming care environment.
- Listening to a patient's needs, wants, and other suggestions about their care.
- Attending to patient's hygienic needs such as bathing, dressing and undressing, cleaning teeth or dentures, and using the bathroom.
- Recording basic health information such as weight, food intake, and daily bowel movements/urination.
- Reporting any unexpected or worrisome conditions in the patient: medical, psychological, emotional, or otherwise.
- Assisting patients with preparing meals, eating, and cleaning up after themselves.
- Performing household chores on behalf of the patient such as making the bed, tidying up the bedroom, doing laundry, dusting, sweeping, mopping, etc.
- Assisting with shopping, keeping a detailed financial record of all transactions.
- Accompanying patients on approved outings.
- Assisting patients with mobility needs (helping them get up, helping them get into a wheelchair or walker, pushing a wheelchair, etc.)
- Reminding patients to take medication according to their doctor's prescription.
- Respecting the patients' privacy and rules of confidentiality.
- Establishing a relationship with each patient and members of patients' families.
- Answering the telephone and greeting guests on behalf of the patient.
- Responding to medical and other emergencies immediately.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training will be provided to achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills Level 1 or 2 in maths and English (if required)
Drop-in training sessions will be take place weekly, on a day release basis, at Darlington Borough Council Learning & Skills training centre (DL1 5AJ). Here you will develop the knowledge, skills, and behaviours to ensure these exceed the minimum requirements for the Adult Care Worker Level 2 apprenticeship standards.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Learner could progress to:
- Adult Care Worker Level 3 Apprenticeship.
- Team Leader Level 3 Apprenticeship.
- Employment upon completion of apprenticeship.
- Possible progression on to further training.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4+ (C+)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Chestnut Lodge Nursing and Residential Home
302 NORTON ROAD
STOCKTON ON TEES
DARLINGTON BOROUGH COUNCIL
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.