Early Years Apprentice SCHOOLHOUSE DAYCARE
Working as part of the daycare team to provide a safe, enjoyable, and stimulating environment for all children within the setting. You will be expected to do the following tasks and any further requests by your line manager. You will be expected to attend college every week.
Closing date: 28 Apr 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday 8 am–6 pm Wednesday 8 am–6 pm Thursday 8 am–6 pm Friday 8 am–6 pm
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
15 May 2023
04 Feb 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To help set up the playroom/s for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session, ensuring that all toys and equipment are clean and safe at all times and to ensure Health and Safety is adhered to at all times
- To undertake general domestic duties ensuring the kitchen and playroom maintain a required level of order
- Having a positive approach to personnel development
- To attend college weekly and complete all homework and assignments on time
- To advise the daycare Supervisor of any concerns e.g. over children, child protection, parents/carers or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary
- To be aware of any special needs a child may have and to familiarise oneself with relevant play and learning plans
- To keep all information regarding children, their families and staff completely confidential
- To keep up to date with changes to policies and new legislation
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the daycare supervisor, in accordance with the business plan/objectives
- To encourage parental involvement and support through the development of effective working relationships
- To ensure that the daycare offers the highest standards of physical and emotional care, health and safety, and personal and food hygiene at all times
- Ensuring all children have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Working with the daycare leader to establish an appropriate safe and secure learning environment
- Promoting positive values, attitudes and good child behaviour
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Apprenticeship – Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills (if applicable)
- Training to take place at Northampton College, Booth Lane - 1 day a week
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential for a full-time position once the apprenticeship is complete and progression within the company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
About the employer
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.