Technical Helpdesk Support Technician Apprentice EDUCATION & IT LIMITED
You will be expected to answer log support calls on our helpdesk. Tackle simple support issues or escalate the support to the appropriate team. Free on-site parking and good public transport links. Ethical company pension scheme. A career in IT. Working in a nurturing environment. Healthcare Cash Plan.
Closing date: 23 Jun 2023
Free on-site parking and good public transport links. Ethical company pension scheme. Healthcare Cash Plan.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday - shifts (flexible).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
26 Jun 2023
03 Feb 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be expected to answer log support calls on our helpdesk. Tackle simple support issues or escalate the support to the appropriate team.
You will need to be technically minded and you must be comfortable communicating with individuals, groups, and management. Many of our clients are not completely comfortable with the use of technical jargon. An ability to explain yourself in lay terms is necessary.
You must have the ability to pick up skills and familiarise yourself with software quickly and stay abreast of the latest technologies.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, electronically
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Research questions using available information resources
- Advise user on appropriate action
- Follow standard help desk procedures
- Log all help desk interactions
- Administer help desk software
- Redirect problems to correct resource
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- Prepare activity reports
- Inform management of recurring problems
- Stay current with system information, changes and update
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Digital Support Technician Level 3.
Level 2 English and Maths Functional Skills (If applicable).
Training will take place at Protocol B3 2NH 1 day per month.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression route to a team leader.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
EDUCATION & IT LIMITED
Aston Road North
TRANSWORLD PUBLICATIONS SERVICES LIMITED
Digital support technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.