Apprentice Tool maker/ Apprentice Tool Maintenance Engineer RUTLAND PLASTICS LIMITED
The successful candidate will join the team in the busy, modern tool room at Rutland Plastics. Following a departmental rotation, the apprentice will work alongside both the tool making and tool maintenance teams to learn the skills to repair and manufacture complex injection mould tools.
Closing date: 01 Jun 2023
32 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays). Salary to be reviewed annually throughout apprenticeship.
Monday to Thursday – 8am – 5pm and Friday – 8am – 3.45pm. 45 minute lunch break daily.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
03 Jul 2023
30 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The position will involve:
- Undertaking modifications and repairs to existing injection mould tools.
- Manufacture of new tools in house to customers specification.
- Use of both manual and CNC machinery as well as interpreting complex CAD drawings.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Engineering Technician - Toolmaker and Tool and Die Maintenance Technician Pathway.
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering - Toolmaker and Tool & Die Maintenance (Development Competence).
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge).
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence).
- Currently delivered two days per week (Term Time Only) at Loughborough College, first and second year of learning. One day per week (Term Time Only) at Loughborough College third year of learning.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Tool Maker or Tool Maintenance Engineer depending on applicants preference and suitability.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Engineering (Grade Pass/ Achieved/Level 2) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
RUTLAND PLASTICS LIMITED
Cold Overton Road Oakham
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.