Business Administration Apprenticeship Oasis Shirley Park
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a high performing team who are passionately committed to securing the best possible life chances for the young people of Oasis Shirley Park. This role will require huge amounts of resilience, perseverance for the long haul and a constant drive for innovative excellence. Duties include being the initial point of contact for all enquiries by telephone and in person, advising staff, parents, pupils and visitors on appropriate source of information, word processing and data input as directed and providing reception services to students.
Closing date: 20 Jun 2023
£5 per hour
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday till Friday 8:00am - 3:30pm (term time only)
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
23 Jun 2023
30 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To be the first point of contact for visitors to the Academy providing a welcoming, efficient reception service
- To provide reception services to students
- To be able to work in a fast-paced reception area multi-tasking between reception duties
- Be the initial point of contact for all enquiries by telephone and in person, advising staff, parents, pupils and visitors on appropriate source of information
- To be able to deal with challenging visitors, parents and students appropriately whilst maintaining a calm persona
- Ensure all visitors are issued with badges in order to comply with the Academy’s security procedures
- Ensure that visitors are met by the appropriate member of staff and escorted within the Academy unless their DBS status is known and it has been agreed that they visit the Academy without direct supervision
- Be the main contact point for staff with regards to Academy events of any one day
- Maintain a tidy and orderly reception area
- Support with ParentPay account set up, queries from parents and general support
- Support with Bromcom queries from parents and general support for example MCAS, etc.
- Word processing and data input as directed
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The apprenticeship training will take place in house while you are at the workplace. We book once a month training session with your allocated tutor. This will be on a platform called Smart Assessor. Here your tutor will go through the modules and units of your course.
- We also have 6-8 weeks monthly review plans, this will be with yourself, line manager and tutor.
- The training you will be undertaking is Business Administrator Level 3.
- Where a business administrator has not already achieved Level 2 English and maths, they must do so before taking the end-point assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We are looking for someone who would like to gain experience and if you have been a super star throughout the apprenticeship course, then we will be looking at long term employment.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C and above or Level 2) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Oasis Shirley Park
Shirley Rd, Croydon
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.