Customer Service Level 2 Apprenticeship FAIRLAWNS HOTEL LTD
Fairlawns Hotel and Spa are looking for a Customer Service Apprentice to support our Hotel Reception Team. You will learn and be mentored on all aspects of Customer Service while working full time at the Hotel.
Closing date: 24 Feb 2023
Apprenticeship wage is due to increase to £5.28 as from April 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
06 Mar 2023
2 days ago
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The hotel reception is responsible for ensuring the smooth running of other departments - you should be organised and accurate. You will take restaurant and hotel room bookings, refer and transfer guests across the hotel, spa and health club telephone systems, process emails and post. The reception is the main financial point of the hotel so you will take and make payments, balance the financials across the business and ensure bills and charges are correct for guests and event functions. You will also deal with online bookings and voucher sales. Lots to do so each shift is different!
This role will suit someone with a bubbly personality and a natural inclination to welcome, chat to and help delight guests. We are known for customer service and have a fantastic team who enjoy their roles.
Duties will include:
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests in an efficient, warm and friendly manner
- To ensure the telephone is promptly answered, transferring calls to other departments, taking reservations, restaurant bookings and dealing with enquiries
- To liase with the Reception Manager / Reservation team / Reception Supervisor if any problems arise
- To prepare guest and customer accounts, taking payment and sending invoices for payment
- Deal with the daily post and any enquiries or deposits / payments received
- Welcome all guests and check in residential guests
- To ensure that all reservations are confirmed prior to arrival and taking appropriate action to remedy if not
- To give support to the Reservations Supervisor when required
- To help maintain the on-line booking systems
- To ensure that all reception equipment is working and kept clean and tidy. To ensure that all stationary is full or reported as low stock
- To be aware of hotel security and report any unusual or suspicious events to the your Supervisor / Duty Manager
- To ensure that all enquiries for Special Events are dealt with by the appropriate person and that the customer is not kept waiting
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Standard
- English and maths functional skills (If required)
- Blended Virtual / Face-to face Bi-weekly Sessions with your Apprenticeship Coach
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We love to develop longstanding relationships with the team, this is a role you can grow and develop with the potential for a full time position offered upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade Grade 4 or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.