Family business are keen to recruit an individual who has a passion for carpentry. All training will be provided both onsite and at BMet. This is a great way to gain the skills and experience required to become a fully operational tradesperson.
Closing date: 15 Feb 2023
Performance incentives available Paid weekly
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
20 Feb 2023
24 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Discussing plans and following instructions
- Maintaining tools and equipment as well as health and safety
- Cutting and shaping timber for floorboards, doors, skirting boards and window frames
- Carrying out elements of roofing (externally to the business)
Preparation of materials and tools required for carrying out specific tasks
- Making and fitting wooden structures like staircases, door frames, roof timbers and partition walls
- Preparing work area to protect client’s property and implementing safe work practices
- Working as a professional tradesperson, using the correct PPE.
Ability to take instructions from supervisors to complete carpentry tasks
- Working effectively as part of a team
- making and fitting interiors
- An apprentice will be expected to learn all aspects of the business during their apprenticeship
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- On completion of this apprenticeship, you will gain your level 2 standard qualification in Carpentry
- As of 1st August 2020, the new Standard has replaced the previous Framework Apprenticeship
- Standards are occupation-focused; they are not qualification-led. The learning happens throughout the apprenticeship. And the apprentice is assessed at the end
- There is a focus on key areas – knowledge, skills and behaviours (KSB)
Training will take place once a week at our Erdington Skills Centre/James Watt Campus.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- A full-time opportunity is available on completion of this qualification
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent any subject (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
About the employer
SN CARPENTRY LIMITED
BIRMINGHAM METROPOLITAN COLLEGE
Carpentry and joinery
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.