Accounts/Finance Assistant Apprentice REBECCA BEATON ACCOUNTANCY SERVICES LTD
Are you ambitious? Hard-working? Keen to help other businesses thrive? We are looking for an apprentice to join our team. We will support you in pursuing your career which will include completing a recognised accountancy qualification, learning from experienced professionals, and getting to grips with bookkeeping, VAT, and administration.
Closing date: 08 Feb 2023
Pay will commence on NMW for apprentices and will increase during the year depending on performance & AAT assessment success. WPA Healthcare scheme 33 days holiday pro rata including bank holidays
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
13 Feb 2023
24 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Use of accounting software including Xero and Quickbooks
- Using other software as required such as receipt scanning software and practice management software to update tasks.
- Checking that sales and purchase invoices are coded and allocated correctly.
- Reconciling bank statements, credit card statements and cash summaries
- Preparing VAT returns for review
- Filing and other admin duties as required
- Answering the telephone and dealing with queries if possible or taking accurate messages
- Scanning information and client receipts/invoices as required
- Confidently respond to emails to support our clients.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As part of the Level 2 apprenticeship standard, you will learn the knowledge, skills and behaviours which will support you for your end-point assessment. You will take part in a combination of activities, such as face-to-face classroom-based sessions, remote learning sessions, work shadowing and online learning, to support your learning and development and compile a portfolio of evidence.
At the end of the on-programme learning, you will be required to undertake an End-Point Assessment (EPA) to demonstrate you have met the occupational standard.
The successful candidate will be required to attend North Lindsey College on day release for classroom delivery. You will be fully supported by a mentor in the workplace and a dedicated assessor.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Continued employment, with excellent developmental and progression opportunities within the organisation.
Progression to other accounting tasks including, producing a trial balance, Sole Trader accounts, Self Assessment tax returns and payroll.
Progression to AAT level 3 and 4 or ATT tax qualification.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
DN COLLEGES GROUP
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.