Sport Apprenticeship Mayflower Community Academy and Nursery
Mayflower Community Academy and Nursery are seeking to appoint highly motivated, enthusiastic and committed Sport Apprentice to support delivering fun, inclusive and engaging activities that help to bring about a change in physical activity habits. They also will be supporting in a T.A role in the class.
Closing date: 01 Apr 2023
Actual pay £6,442 Pro rata.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday working between 8am – 4:30pm, exact hours to be discussed at interview.
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
18 Apr 2023
21 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
In this role you will be working under the direction of teachers and senior staff to provide safe, high-quality education and care for young children and to maintain a stimulating and enjoyable environment. Under the overall direction of the headteacher you will be working in a vibrant, friendly, widely diverse and inclusive school.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and committed sport apprentice to join our team working throughout the school. Must have a passion for sport and physical activity, a love for working with children and a commitment to raising aspirations.
- To support the delivery of PE lessons alongside the teacher/external coaches
- To support in-class learning across a range of age groups and subjects
- To prepare equipment and resources for PE lessons and activities
- To run after school activities to promote a healthy, active lifestyle
- To support the school in the delivery of their curriculum as needed
- Offering pastoral support for small groups or individuals
- Working alongside other staff members to promote wellbeing
- Lunch time supervision/clubs/activities
- Competition management and assistance at events
- Supporting in the classroom setting as a Teaching Assistant
- Be able to display effective communication skills with both children and adults
- Be eager to work collaboratively in a wider team, adaptable and open to new ideas and practices
- Be a fast and highly flexible thinker, being able to deal with change and unpredictability positively with a ‘can-do’ attitude
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Over the 15-month Level 2 Community Activator apprenticeship standard, you will work towards the following:
- Behaviours, Skills, and Knowledge
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
You will have regular visits at the workplace from a designated assessor to observe your progress and competence in the role you are carrying out.
Training will happen at Plymouth Argyle.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There may be the potential for full-time employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Math (Grade 4-9 (A*-C)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Mayflower Community Academy and Nursery
Mayflower Community Academy
41 Ham Drive
PLYMOUTH ARGYLE FOOTBALL IN THE COMMUNITY TRUST
Community activator coach
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.