Business Support Apprentice TotalEnergies Gas & Power Limited
As a Business Support Apprentice, you will have the opportunity to experience and learn different functions within our business by spending approximately 4 months within each area of our business over an 18-month programme. Supporting and engaging with different parts of the organization and interact with internal or external customers.
Closing date: 15 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
20 Mar 2023
20 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Sales: assist with the loading, nomination & registration of new business tenders. Using our key bespoke IT systems & gain insight into how our tender process
- Customer Service: assist managing customer accounts, billing & lifecycle management, you will provide an excellent customer experience to our valuable blue chip customers linking Credit, Change of Occupancy, Sales, Finance & the Business Support functions helping us to provide them with the best customer experience. You will get to learn about Products, Customers bespoke requirements & how we deliver them & Query Management
- Pricing: assist with pricing & reconciling the gas & power portfolio. Updating the system with accurate commodity & non-commodity charges, running cost of electricity & cost of gas reports for our flexible portfolio & being a key contact for various teams for query resolution
- Data Operations: assist with managing electricity & gas industry processes to the registration of new supply points, & the integrity of metering asset & their related read records held on various internal systems & industry databases. After a period of training, you would be assisting with responding to queries received from customers, colleagues & 3rd party agents
- Business Change: The work is project based, our aim being to implement change in the Business successfully, constantly driving for improvement. Your role will be to support on these projects, activities could range from: working with Users to help develop the best way of working; improve our knowledge management by creating training materials & guides as well as understanding & mapping processes; developing Business wide communications; & helping us understand the benefit of the change, as well as much more
- Commercial Risk: to gain an understanding & to change our view of the costs associated with delivering energy to customer, you will complete analysis of 3rd party providers. Working with the sales teams, you will support the management of payments to 3rd party intermediaries. This role will give you a review & an understanding of the performance of our centralised forecasting & procurement teams, working with them to understand variation in demand vs forecast & improvements to how we buy energy for our customers
- Propositions: you will support the development of new products & propositions both in terms of making our energy products flexible but also identifying & building new non-energy products to sell to our customers
- Value Optimisation & Insight: this role will give you an understanding of how we manage commercial, sales performance data & develop your skills of turning this into reliable & robust reports, creating models to understand what is driving customer behaviour & then creating actions to test & improve the business performance. In this role you will have the opportunity to analyse competitor behaviour & set the margin or value we believe we can achieve for certain market segments, using pricing data from a variety of sources; monitoring these changes to understand the impact
- Compliance: assisting the team with auditing business processes & procedures, aiding & supporting the business on compliance related matters & developing up to date compliance training & awareness campaigns
- Accountabilities: To develop knowledge of the different functionalities within the UK Marketing business. In addition to the above, you may also gain an insight into Marketing & Finance with a view to progress into these areas once you have completed your apprenticeship
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This is a Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard:
Mandatory Units Covered:
- Effective Communication in Business
- Personal and Professional Development
- Resource Management
- Understanding Organisations
Optional Units covered:
- Administrative Systems
- Managing Information and Knowledge
- Planning and Implementing Change within Business
- Planning and Managing Customer Service
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Project Management
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This apprenticeship offers a route for a permanent position within the organisation dependant on candidate performance.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4 or Above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or Above) Essential
Other Business Related Studies (Grade GCSE 4 or above) Desired
About the employer
REMIT GROUP LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.