To work as part of the Pharmacy Support Office (PSO) team under the supervision of the Administrations Leader, to ensure an accurate and timely inputting of confidential information into the relevant IT packages. You will be Aiding the pharmacy with administrative tasking in a timely and organised manner.
Closing date: 14 Feb 2023
Pay may be increased on experience and qualifications.
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
28 Feb 2023
18 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The programme will last around 15-18 months and at the end you will complete an end point assessment (EPA).
Duties will include;
• Management and distribution of incoming and outgoing post
• Answering incoming calls, taking messages and following through where required
• Greet any visitors to the offices in a professional manner and provide refreshments when appropriate
• Audio typing of reports and letters with speed and accuracy
• Management and coordination of external audio typing facilities should necessitate the use of external resources
• Data entry into the pharmacy delivery software to the accounts payable invoices (in-house training provided)
• Maintain the office filing/archiving system in both hard and electronic format
• Raise invoices/statements and assist with the credit control process
• Enter external consultant details and assist with setting up new personnel on the BMS
• Assist with monitoring, reconciling and inputting of timesheet data by internal and external staff
• Assist with production of Professional Service Agreements for Clients and Consultant Agreements for external staff
• Proactively assist with the smooth running of the office
• Diary co-ordination
• Assisting with the running of the covid vaccination clinic located at one of our pharmacy branches
• Assistance with marketing; to include events, campaigns, websites, social media accounts
● Read, ensure understanding, and comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
● Inputting data in a timely and accurate manner
● Ensure the highest standards of professional service to internal and external stakeholders of the business
● Stakeholder management
● Undertake the training required by the company to fulfil your role effectively, and ensure a high degree of professionalism
● Keep up to date with current pharmacy practice.
● Respect and maintain confidentiality of information concerning customers, colleagues, company policies and statistics in accordance with the Data Protection Act (to be replaced with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from 25th May 2018)
● Complete audits as requested by the company in a timely manner
● Ensure that the office space always projects a professional image
● Ensure that all areas within the office are clean, tidy, and well organised with special attention to risk management guidelines
● Ensure the floor is kept clean and free from hazards, e.g. boxes/totes
● Follow all company Health & Safety procedures and policies and complete any associated training
● Ensure high standards of pharmacy stock management, reduce stock holding and ensure maximum profitability
● Ensure all orders are checked off accurately, and stock stored with care
● Ensure the date checking procedure is maintained and recorded
The above list is not exhaustive. You may be required to perform other duties, those deemed reasonable by your Manager.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Diploma for Business Administrator
- On day release at Barking and Dagenham College
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Continued employment
- Supervisor or manager
- Sales or marketing
- Work in hospital or pharmaceutical company
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Business/ Administration (Grade Pass) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
BARKING AND DAGENHAM COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.