Early Years Practitioner Apprentice Hayley's Little Comets
Hayley’s Little Comets aims to provide children with a safe, caring and stimulating environment, enabling them to achieve their full potential. We place a strong emphasis on learning and development through play, acknowledging individual skills and abilities.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday – Friday between 7.30am and 5.30pm
Total hours per week: 25
Possible start date
03 Apr 2023
17 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
We are looking for passionate individuals who have an interest in childcare and are looking to begin their career in a nursery setting.
Early years practitioners, and other job roles such as nursery nurses, are highly trained professionals who play a key role in ensuring that young children learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe.
Responsibilities, what will the successful candidate be doing?
- To provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, at all times
- To support the delivery of an appropriate play-based Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum, that enables children to make individual progress
- Encourage children to interact with others and engage in activities led by key worker staff
- To understand and work to nursery’s policies and procedures. Including how to deal with child protection issues and how to respond to incidents, accidents and emergencies
- To carry out activities that meet the individuals needs that are age appropriate and meet the objectives from the Early years Foundation stage curriculum
- To work as part of the Early Years Foundation Stage team to deliver the best outcomes for each child in the nursery
- To adhere to children’s individual personal needs and their general health including welfare matters
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed, in accordance with the nursery routine of the day e.g., general cleaning, maintaining a safe environment (clear away trip hazards), supporting children at meal times, liaise with key workers for children’s individual needs
- Model good and appropriate language always e.g., manners, complete sentences for older children, simplifying language for younger children
- Accompany teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of nursery activities as required
- The candidate will work towards completing an Early Years qualification Level 3 that includes paediatric first aid and safeguarding training
- The apprentice should ensure that all work is completed with a commitment to equality and anti-discriminatory practice
- This list is not exhaustive of what is expected within the day to day running. Any other duties requested by the management team should be adhered to
- Full-time role considered on completion of apprenticeship
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Early Years Educator Diploma.
The successful candidate will attend 1 day per week for 20% off-the-job training, where portfolio building, and taught sessions will take place to develop the knowledge required to achieve this qualification successfully.
Training will include paediatric first aid qualification.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full-time employment is a possibility once this qualification is completed.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or Level 2 FS) Desired
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Childcare (Grade Pass) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Hayley's Little Comets
Hayley's Little Comets
2 Harris Street
E.QUALITY TRAINING LIMITED
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.