Schools Administration Apprentice St Teresas Catholic Primary School
To provide administrative support to the Senior Leadership team. To provide general administrative support within the main office. using the Microsoft Office suite. For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure paid employment and a level 3 qualification.
Closing date: 03 Mar 2023
Please note that the pro rata salary for this role is £8,260.25 per annual. You will be required to work 39 weeks as this role is term time only. You will be payed for 44.65 weeks, working 37 hours per week.
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
06 Mar 2023
16 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Senior Leadership administration support:
- Collating pastoral and subject annual learning review statements for school reports
- Collating confidential climate walk and QA documentation from subject/progress leaders
- Collating, analysing and producing excel documents relating to feedback for school events
- To be responsible for the organisation, preparation and to assist at the schools Awards Evening. Producing PowerPoint presentations, liaising with the Senior Leadership team and Staff for nominations
- General clerical support including typing, reproduction, filing etc of report letters
- Confidential typing/ confidential word processing support for members of SLT
- Arrange diary/ diaries/ book and arrange meetings and refreshments
- Prepare routine draft agendas
- Prepare the school newsletter
- General administration and finance
- To lead on the school’s cashless system including dealing with pupil and staff queries
- Dealing directly with queries from parents/carers via email and telephone
- Assist staff in preparing trip offers and producing final trip reports
- Coordinate in the preparation of payment runs, uploading information/invoices onto the OLOL Mat Finance Portal and producing reports for staff
- To be responsible for the preparation and organisation of the annual student vaccinations
- Update the school’s social media page, Twitter with news and events
- To assist with the school’s main reception and student service reception, answering enquiries and taking messages from parents/carers, external organisations and the general public
- Welcoming visitors to the school in a professional manner, and maintaining the visitor book
- Checking Visitor ID’s were necessary
- Signing for deliveries / collections
- Liaison with parents / carers on behalf of teaching staff
- Assisting with injured or unwell pupils. Contacting parents / carers and in some instances, Emergency Services
- To perform any other task under the reasonable direction of the Headteacher which could include assisting in other areas of school administration
- Perform any task or duty under the reasonable direction of the Headteacher
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard, including Functional Skills if required
- This is a work based programme which means that all of your learning will take place on the site of your employment and within your contracted working hours
- We host supporting workshops regularly throughout the apprenticeship which you can attend in person at our Derby Road campus or virtually via Microsoft Teams
- You will work with expert assessors to develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours within the profession
- You will experience a blended learning model
- You will gather learning evidence, journals and off-the-job records using your e-portfolio
At the end of the planned learning period, it will be agreed that you are ready to enter 'Gateway' and for your End Point Assessment to be arranged.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Possible full-time job opportunity and further training for the right person
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.