Warehouse Apprentice D I P T LTD
DIPT works within the construction industry, welding industry and allied trades, supplying tools and equipment. DIPT would like to recruit a Warehouse Apprentice. The role will involve allocation and distribution of goods into correct location in Central Warehouse and using barcode scanners to allow easy picking.
Closing date: 26 Jun 2023
Monday-Friday 09.00-17.30 with 30 mins lunch
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
29 Jun 2023
17 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Are you a practical individual who would like to be in a ‘hands on’ role?
Are you keen to work with a team of like-minded individuals, then this is the role for you! DIPT works within the construction industry, welding industry and allied trades, supplying tools and equipment. DIPT would like to recruit a Warehouse Apprentice. This Apprenticeship is ideal for anyone who is hardworking, adaptable, and extremely motivated.
As an apprentice you will ensure that all goods are received and despatched on time, with zero errors.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Receipt of goods at goods inwards.
- Allocation and distribution of goods into correct location in Central Warehouse using barcode scanners to allow easy picking. Complete stock checks, as required.
- Completion of all paperwork and computer-controlled goods inwards systems to allow goods and invoices to flow through system in the most cost-effective manner.
- Adherence to all safety procedures.
- Correct completion of non-conformances to suppliers for late, damaged, incorrect deliveries etc, to allow monitoring of supplier’s performance and receive correct goods as quickly as possible.
- Picking of transfers to all Orders using barcode scanners.
- Picking of customers’ orders using barcode scanners at each relevant picking time in a manner which allows despatch department to process quickly and efficiently with zero errors, on time.
- Liaising with Warehouse Management, if necessary, when any errors or queries arise from the picking of goods. Ensuring that all stock errors are rectified correctly on the system to prevent any future queries.
- Confirmation of goods using fixed barcode scanners and despatching of customers’ orders via a predetermined method of transport, ensuring that the goods are packed securely complete with despatch note, labelled, and addressed to ensure all deliveries are made on time, complete with zero errors.
- Repacking of certain products into smaller quantities to allow their resale through Protrade outlets.
- Splitting and repackaging power tool kits into individual products.
- Decanting liquid product into smaller bottles for re sale
- Completion of weekly stock takes to maintain accurate stock records at all times.
- Relocating of stock items to create space or improve picking process.
- Fork truck driving, loading, and unloading of vehicles, locating, and picking from pallet locations using powered picking machine.
- Charging of fork trucks and powered picking machines.
- Cleanliness and tidiness of all areas of the warehouse.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards the Level 2 Supply Chain Operative Apprenticeship Standard, with support from your employer and the Chesterfield College Group.
As part of your apprenticeship, and dependent on your prior attainment, you may be required to complete maths and English Functional Skills which is an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition for these qualifications.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential for full time employment.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
About the employer
D I P T LTD
UNIT 2 SIDNEY ROBINSON BUSINESS PAR
TRAINING SERVICES 2000 LTD
01246 500 500
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.