As part of the business support team, you will perform a range of administration tasks helping with the smooth running of the practice and its development. Some tasks will be routine, others will be more challenging; a real chance to contribute to the success of the business. This input will be vital to the successful functioning of our business.
Closing date: 11 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
31 Mar 2023
13 Jan 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The company is a firm of Chartered Accountants providing accountancy, tax, audit, payroll, bookkeeping and business support services. Formed in 1981, the company is owned and run by two directors and employs 16 staff.
As part of the business support team, the candidate will perform a range of business administration tasks helping with the smooth running of the practice and its development. Some tasks will be of a routine nature, others will be more challenging; a real chance to contribute to the success of the business.
The input of our business support/admin team is vital to the successful functioning of our business.
The company itself is expanding quickly. Once the candidate has a good grounding in the position and the responsibilities required, there are other activities within the organisation that a candidate could explore and add to their role. For example, becoming involved in the marketing of the practice including our social media.
- Greeting clients
- Answering telephones
- Making refreshments
- Diary management
- Paper & e-filing
- Opening incoming post and preparing outgoing post
- Stationery monitoring & replenishment
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The Apprenticeship will focus on Business Administration and includes the following knowledge criteria:
- Understanding the organisational purpose, activities, aims, values, vision for the future and resources
- Knows the organisational structure and demonstrates understanding of the benefits, knows their role in the team and recognises how their skills will help them progress
- Understands Laws, regulations and internal policies all related to their sector
- Understands relevant external factors (policy change, supply chain, national/global markets, employment)
- Business Fundamentals - managing change, business finances and project management
What attendance is required?
Attendance at College will be required on weekly on Wednesdays 9am-12pm. Time spent training will come under the working hours per week. Your assessor will liaise with you to set up mutually convenient times for consultation and assessment visits at your place of work.
It is a Government requirement for you to spend 20% of your apprenticeship working towards your “Off the Job Learning” - off the job learning can consist of college attendance, coursework, project related work, employer training, mentoring and coaching.
Learning and assessment:
- Apprentices build a portfolio of work and work place assessors will be in regular contact to provide support, and to arrange on-site visits to observe the apprentices’ ability and skills in their daily role. It is important for the apprentice to take ownership of their own learning by seeking out opportunities to gain new skills on the job with the employer. The apprentice’s final grade will be determined by collective performance in the three assessments in the endpoint assessment. To achieve a pass or distinction the apprentice will need to score 60%-79% (pass), 80%+ (Distinction)
The three assessments are:
- Online Knowledge Based 50 multiple choice questions - 60 minutes (33.3%)Portfolio Based Interview - 30-45 minutes (33.3%)
- Project Improvement Presentation 20-30 minutes (33.3%)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, and subject to progress as an employee, Compass Accountants may like to offer you a full time job. A wide range of openings are expected to become vacant over the next few years.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
About the employer
CITY OF PORTSMOUTH COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.